Columbus Blue Jackets

BigShoop

One of the most disappointing things I've ever seen in uniforms is Columbus phasing out the electric green. They had a great thing going. If they ever switch to this, it's over. (Still a very nice jersey, though)

Long live that bug thingey!

This is a great alt, though. Normally black and navy have no reason to be used on the same jersey, but for some reason it works here.

This is one of the most universeral celebrated uniforms ever at the CCSLC. How are there people on this board that didn't even know this existed?

I'd like to know what the others are. Is there a FAQ? Should be.

I'm pretty sure that the navy-era Whalers have almost universal love around here, and not just because it's the Whalers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Blackhawks are up there too.

Well, except for capn89, who can't stand their inconsistencies and horrible logos. :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

First off, he wasn't shocked like it was a new jersey, he was saying that he believes that next season Columbus will go the way of Atlanta and take the 3rd on as the new home.

The shoulders are indeed black, I own the jersey.

The logo is fantastic, though it doesn't necessarily represent "Blue Jackets" fully, the shoulder logo (Which BTW Carter23, they do use and is on the shoulders of their jerseys) it still looks great and the other logos take care of the team name a bit more.

This is indeed one of the nicest jerseys in the NHL, and they ought to bring in a white one to match it and use those full time.

Blackhawks are up there too.

Well, except for capn89, who can't stand their inconsistencies and horrible logos. :D

Spin it however the **** you want. I never said I had a problem with anyone's inconsistencies. I was making a point that idiots point out everything they find wrong with "new" teams, yet completely ignore teams that have been around since before you were allowed to forward pass. Christ, some people are ****ing thick.

• 2 weeks later...

According to what I've heard from some friends in the sporting goods business in Columbus, their RBK rep is telling them that the state flag wrapped in a star logo will be the primary next season. Hopefully the union soldier cap logo will stay somehow as well, as it explains the team's name the best out of all three.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

idiots point out everything they find wrong with "new" teams, yet completely ignore teams that have been around since before you were allowed to forward pass.

When did hockey prohibit the forward pass?

Christ, some people are ****ing thick.

Maybe I prefer a little junk in the trunk.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived