Complaint about NCAA teams mixing stripes with those tapered sections in their uniforms

Jungle Jim

I don't read every thread here, so forgive me if this has been discussed...

I was watching Louisville play Middle Tennessee on ESPN2 last night, and noticed that MTSU's jerseys and pants have those sections on the shoulders and down the pants that are tapered on one or both ends, while their helmets have the traditional stripes. That was SO mismatched. If they're going to do the tapered thing, then get rid of the stripes down the middle of the helmet, or reduce it to one stripe and taper it.

Same goes for USC. They've got the tapered things on the shoulders of their jerseys, and straight stripes down their pants. Pick a style and use it. Don't mix and match.

as much as I hate USC, I'ma stick up for em here: those tapered shoulder stripe jerseys are modeled after the jerseys they wore duirng the 60s and early 70s (before they changed to northwestern striping). they wore the very same pants style back then. Not a damn thing untraditional about it.

OJ Simpson era

USCojsimpson200.jpg

modern USC

60_USCBush1Website.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Why do stripes have to match? USCs uniforms are great. if every stripe(jersey, pants, socks) matched, i think it would be overkill. a tapered stripe on SCs pants would look awful. In fact, tapered stripes on any pants look awful.

I attend MTSU, so I may seem like a homer, but I love MTSU's Uniforms. And I also do not believe that all stripes on a uniform have to match. MT's Jersey stripe and Pants stripe match (both are tapered). But that doesn't mean that the helmet stripe has to match also. Just my opinion, but thats what I think.

Archived