Yankee Pin Stripes

I think the Yankees should be the only team in baseball with pin stripes. It is rich in their history and should be the only team with pin stripes. Teams like the Marlins, Astros ect. dont need pin strips in there unis. The pin strips were started by the Yanks and are apart of their tradition so i say that every team that has pin strips should drop them. Anyone agree?

I no im gunna get some heavy criticism here but im just posting my opinion.

I think the Yankees should be the only team in baseball with pin stripes. It is rich in their history and should be the only team with pin stripes. Teams like the Marlins, Astros ect. dont need pin strips in there unis. The pin strips were started by the Yanks and are apart of their tradition so i say that every team that has pin strips should drop them. Anyone agree?

and class, we know what people say about opinions, dont we? :therock:

/yes, the poster is an ass, in case you were wondering

We've discussed this ad nausea on these boards, and I disagree. As long as the Yankees are successful and have that mystique, there are going to be organizations that want to emulate it, if not with their play on the field, then at least with how they look on the field. It's the same reason that the Orlando Magic had parquet floors back when Shaq was on the team.

Actually the Yankees weren't the first team to wear pinstripes. I believe that was Cubs.

1888 Brooklyn Dodgers, Detroit Wolverines, and Washington Senators were the first teams to wear pinstripes. The 1907 Boston Nationals and Brooklyn Superbas (pinstripe crosshatch) were the first to bring back pinstripes in 1907 after a 17 year hiatus.

First of all:

Okay, um - learn to spell.

Pinstripes, not Pin Strips.

Second:

Are you insane? Teams should have their own choice in deciding their uniform. I'm really tired of the Yankees signifying pinstripes. One team shouldn't rule a certain style. That's like saying the Dodgers should be the only ones to have a cursive logo. So by making only the Yankees the only one who can wear pinstripes, you get rid of the freedom of choice.

Actually the Yankees weren't the first team to wear pinstripes. I believe that was Cubs.

1888 Brooklyn Dodgers, Detroit Wolverines, and Washington Senators were the first teams to wear pinstripes. The 1907 Boston Nationals and Brooklyn Superbas (pinstripe crosshatch) were the first to bring back pinstripes in 1907 after a 17 year hiatus.

Yeah, that right there pretty much shoots down the entire argument.

The Twins have pinstripes on their home AND away jereys. Clearly, the Yankees are not as devoted to their beloved pinstripes as the Twins are and the Yankees should cease and desist with the stripes. Or maybe they should go to the reverse pattern on the away jerseys; navy blue with white pinstripes as was proposed in the 70's. Then their hideous uniforms will match their fans' hideous attitude.

Geez, you're an idiot.

You no that you would get heavy criticism on this

but you are right

and I am the KING OF WHOOPIE!!!

Personally, I would LOVE to see pinstripes eliminated from ALL jerseys, including the Yankee$. Just because they've been around for a long time doesn't mean they're not a**-ugly!

I agree whole-heartedly. They may be successful, but that doesn't stop the fact that their uniforms SUCK.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Archived