Calgary Stampeders Logo Concept

Phil

So I was watching the Stamps get stomped by the Lions the other night, and I got the idea in my head that the stamps could really do with an upgrade. I know there's tradition tied to the current look, but the futuristic jersey template does not fit well with a silhouette.

Well, I started work on a more fleshed-out horse, based on the silhouette the have now. The idea is to give it a silvery-type shading that will do most of the work and make the horse look like a blazing white bolt of lightning streaking across the helmet.

This is what I've got so far. Keep in mind that I realize there's work to be done, especially in the legs, on making them smooth and flow naturally, but at least initially, working with the silhouette is not simple.

Calgary%20Stampeders%20Logo.gif

So really, I'm looking for thoughts, ideas, direction... got some?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'd add some red to the eye, mane, and tail. I'll tell you why. Often in the media whether it be online, in print, or on television, they will show the Stamps' logo, but on the white horse itself and more often than not on a white background rather than red. It looks very bland then, you'd never know they have very striking red uniforms from the logo. I'm a strong beleiver that a team logo should have all the team's colors.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Thanks to all who've submitted comments, I read and consider them all carefully, and I've done some work on it since.

I considered adding red, but I think that would be straying a little too far from the tradition. Yes, I've added silver-gray, but at least that's essentially all shades of the same colour. Furthermore, since the applications of the logo are predominantly on red backgrounds, red highlights just wouldn't stand out.

I did thicken the outline, as suggested, and worked on the eye especially to reduce the feminine appearance. Let me know how well that worked.

Calgary%20Stampeders%20Logo2.gif

Any other thoughts?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thanks to all who've submitted comments, I read and consider them all carefully, and I've done some work on it since.

I considered adding red, but I think that would be straying a little too far from the tradition. Yes, I've added silver-gray, but at least that's essentially all shades of the same colour. Furthermore, since the applications of the logo are predominantly on red backgrounds, red highlights just wouldn't stand out.

I did thicken the outline, as suggested, and worked on the eye especially to reduce the feminine appearance. Let me know how well that worked.

Calgary%20Stampeders%20Logo2.gif

Any other thoughts?

I think (perspective wise) the rear left leg would be shorter than the rear right leg, from the way your looking at it.

This pic mite help (Large)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So I was watching the Stamps get stomped by the Lions the other night, and I got the idea in my head that the stamps could really do with an upgrade. I know there's tradition tied to the current look, but the futuristic jersey template does not fit well with a silhouette.

Well, I started work on a more fleshed-out horse, based on the silhouette the have now. The idea is to give it a silvery-type shading that will do most of the work and make the horse look like a blazing white bolt of lightning streaking across the helmet.

This is what I've got so far. Keep in mind that I realize there's work to be done, especially in the legs, on making them smooth and flow naturally, but at least initially, working with the silhouette is not simple.

Calgary%20Stampeders%20Logo.gif

So really, I'm looking for thoughts, ideas, direction... got some?

I do appreciate your attempt, but as a life long Stampeders fan, I would suggest that the only way to improve the logo they have now is to increase the thickness of the black outline of the horse logo.

However, the secondary logo and the red shoulders of the current have got to go.

The RBK unis are the problem--lose the bib, put red #'s on the road unis.

Lose all the piping on both.

Maybe use a thicker black outline-sure--but leave the logo as is--still they could do worse than that.

(As for the logo on TV--maybe a red outline outside the black one-sort of matching the helmet.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

being from Calgary...and a guy that goes a little overboard on logos, I find the Stamps logo good the way it is. However your design is good it just needs some flow to it. Like maybe diffrent with in th eblack outline and such.

Archived