Admirals (Milwaukee that Is) Uni's Debut tonight

KDubK414

First they sucked tonight getting blown out 7-1 on the home ice :(

Second, the logo is looking good, and the center ice logo is awesome!

Third, the Brewers are a sponsor of the team. On the Dasher walls and uni's The Ball AND Glove logo is VERY prominent. It is not going anywhere anytime soon :D

packchampionslfroh.png

Someone needs to take pics at a game.

I really want to see thse unis in action.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I believe the AHL wears white at home, correct?

I'm interested in seeing the road grays in action, as other shots I've seen of it make it look much darker than the one posted here.

I believe the AHL wears white at home, correct?

I'm interested in seeing the road grays in action, as other shots I've seen of it make it look much darker than the one posted here.

Yep, they wear white at home.

The numbers look similar to last year's. Ice blue on the whites - I like it. Not as much a fan of black numbers on the sleeve, though.

staal1007.jpg

Bonus points for the sock stripe. I like the entire look, with black shorts and socks. I presume that they'll use the same basic group on the road.

Plus they're still using the retro Brewers sponsor logo on the sweater - very cool.

The gray roads are much darker than they appear in that pic above. Mine arrived a couple days ago - it's much closer to this shade (specifically, the one on the right):

jerseySubheader.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

From what I was able to see, the Ads didn't look very good on the ice. Not surprising, though, considering that they only have a handful of players from last year. The curse of the minor leagues - do well enough and all your good players move on. Not to mention the interesting affiliation they have now, split between the Predators and the Oilers. It'll take a little while for them to gel as a team.

----------------------------------------------------------

They should use the logo of the Admiral's whole body..er, skeleton. It had a cool shade of green...

Here's a decent look at the full-body logo on the center ice. Well, in progress. You get the idea.

adm926.jpg

I really like it. Maybe on an alternate ice blue sweater....

Wow, this identity is coming together really, really well. Shocking, considering how much I was initially repulsed by it. But the bone anchors drew me in, I started liking and appreciating other aspects of it as others pointed them out and now... I really, really like this. This look is probably just as good as the anchor-stripe days, possibly better. The only objections I have are 1) Those sleeve numbers look like they're going to be rather difficult to see, and 2) They need to get a real wordmark.

Other than that, good show.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm mostly a sports logo traditionalist, but I've always liked this new Admirals identity, and the more I see it, the more I like it. It's something that works for AHL, took some courage to put forward, and ultimately looks good all together.

Now if only that same level attention could have been paid to the NHL's Sabres and Ducks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm mostly a sports logo traditionalist, but I've always liked this new Admirals identity, and the more I see it, the more I like it. It's something that works for AHL, took some courage to put forward, and ultimately looks good all together.

Now if only that same level attention could have been paid to the NHL's Sabres and Ducks.

I liked it too since it was unveiled. Even though the logo is too cartoony, it is for a minor league team, and as a package, it definitely has potential. The sappy story however could have been spared.

Juventus.png

I can live with the jersies and the alt logo. Just change the head to someone who is living.

thats where i'm at with them. the logo isn't menacing enough, it seems more fit for a Nick Cartoon than a hockey team. if the logo looked a bit like the Skeleton from Killer INstinct then i might warm up to the logo, but right now it seems cartoonish.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm a traditionalist too. I like a classic look. But this one works for me. Partly because it's a minor league team, and partly just because of the way it all fits together.

I'd also rather see this Admiral logo in the NHL than either the Ducks or the Buffaslug.

I've tried to like it, I really have. But all I see is a mangled dead body in a sailor suit. I guess we'll have to look at ticket sales and merchandise sales at the end of the year.

In short, I think it's in the worst possible taste to use dead bones to promote live athletes.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Doc, we've talked about this before, but I still think you're taking that aspect waaaaaaay too seriously.

Have you voiced the same objection to the Pittsburgh Pirates? And to the Tampa Bay Bucs? The New Orleans VooDoo?

Heck, if "bones" alone bother you, then you ought to register your disapproval with the Ads parent club. Surely all those clubs are in the "worst possible taste" as well....

Archived