Admirals (Milwaukee that Is) Uni's Debut tonight

KDubK414

First they sucked tonight getting blown out 7-1 on the home ice :(

It's called uniform karma. They dress like they're a joke, they play accordingly.

I just don't like this look, for the same reason I didn't like the old Ducks logo-It's childish. This would work for a squirt rec team, but not for the AHL, and defenatly not the NHL.

Also, I've never bought the excuse that if you're a minor leauge team you get to design a childish logo. Sorry, that's not a free pass, that's an exuse for lowering the intergurity of your design to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

It's called uniform karma. They dress like they're a joke, they play accordingly.

I just don't like this look, for the same reason I didn't like the old Ducks logo-It's childish. This would work for a squirt rec team, but not for the AHL, and defenatly not the NHL.

Also, I've never bought the excuse that if you're a minor leauge team you get to design a childish logo. Sorry, that's not a free pass, that's an exuse for lowering the intergurity of your design to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

That karma did not apply to the Sabres huh? 3-0 to start the season :D

saBS.png

That karma did not apply to the Sabres huh? 3-0 to start the season :D

Just watch...they'll lose in game 7 of the Eastern finals again :P

There are lots of pics of the uniforms in action at the fan site www.milwaukeehockey.com.

Here's a good look at the numbers on the back:

http://www.milwaukeehockey.com/toddpics/100706/100_7334.jpg

I just love that they have a forward named "Vigilante." That should sell some sweaters....

Why does the dark uniform look as if there's a shadow coming off the logo?

Don't know, but as noted above those pics aren't terribly representative of what the sweaters actually look like.

Oh, I'm a fan of the sweater, just was curious if anyone else seemed to see that or if it was just me.

Also, the milwaukeehockey.com site you linked only has the white jerseys and not the grey, so I can't tell if it's just that one photo or not.

Oh, I'm a fan of the sweater, just was curious if anyone else seemed to see that or if it was just me.

Also, the milwaukeehockey.com site you linked only has the white jerseys and not the grey, so I can't tell if it's just that one photo or not.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy. Brief answers sometimes come off as terse - hope you didn't take it that way.

They haven't played in the gray sweaters yet, so I don't have any good pics. But I ordered one, and the color is much closer to this:

jerseySubheader.jpg

There is no "halo" on the background - it's a solid color.

I have another pic somewhere - if I remember, I'll post it tonight or tomorrow.

I think the logo/uniform set is lookng pretty good right now. However, the logo they had before is one of my favorites - it really bothers me that they stopped using it.

I would only expect that kind of talk from a Steelers fan :P

61569_BillCowher-.JPG

admirals.jpg

I think the logo/uniform set is lookng pretty good right now. However, the logo they had before is one of my favorites - it really bothers me that they stopped using it.

I would only expect that kind of talk from a Steelers fan :P

61569_BillCowher-.JPG

admirals.jpg

I never noticed how similar Cowher looked to the Admiral. :D

Unfortunately, I'm a Lions' fan...I hate the Steelers, but not as much as the Eagles.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy. Brief answers sometimes come off as terse - hope you didn't take it that way.

They haven't played in the gray sweaters yet, so I don't have any good pics. But I ordered one, and the color is much closer to this:

jerseySubheader.jpg

There is no "halo" on the background - it's a solid color.

I have another pic somewhere - if I remember, I'll post it tonight or tomorrow.

Nah, it's good man. :) And thank you for pointing out that I'm the only one who sees the stupid halo. ;)

The Admirals' road sweater made its debut this weekend, in a win over the Wolves.

dc0f321b97b67a1f74ca06a54ba85ad5.300.jpg

Not a great picture, but at least you can see the color. It's dark enough that there's no danger of it being mistaken for a home white.

Hmm. The Admirals are undefeated in the gray, and winless in the white. Maybe they should get the AHL to follow the NHL's lead and wear team colors on the home ice.... :D

Archived