NFL Uniform Graphics

Nick 1733

Okay guys, here's what I've been working on for the past few days with the new template. I've only got four teams done so far, but I'll post each one in here as I finish them.

Notice I didn't inculde the different pant combinations because that would just take up space, I used the basic uniforms (including alts) here.

Let me know what you guys think, and enjoy. I'll also create blank vector templates of each team's uniform.

Arizona Cardinals

ARI-2006.gif

Atlanta Falcons

ATL-2006.gif

Carolina Panthers

CAR-2006.gif

Denver Broncos

DEN-2006.gif

If you're adding alts you need to have the Falcons with the red jerseys/black pants. To answer the question no the Cardinals have not wore the red pants yet.

As I stated in the first post, I'm not just throwing the alternate pant combos in there because when you have both in there as part of the main sets, then it's redundant to add it. I'll do it for the official graphics, but for these I won't.

The Cards have red pants and that's why they're in the graphic.

I would suggest using a real black. The dark grey just isn't dark enough. I know you want the stitching to show up, so here's how to have it show up over a rich black: make the stitching transparent white instread of transparent black, only on black jerseys or pants, of course. It looks especially strange in cases like the Panthers, where you have a dark grey jersey, then the numbers on the white jersey are rich, jet black. The black needs to match, bottom line, however you do it.

I would suggest using a real black. The dark grey just isn't dark enough. I know you want the stitching to show up, so here's how to have it show up over a rich black: make the stitching transparent white instread of transparent black, only on black jerseys or pants, of course. It looks especially strange in cases like the Panthers, where you have a dark grey jersey, then the numbers on the white jersey are rich, jet black. The black needs to match, bottom line, however you do it.

I know, I noticed that too. It's also not a gray, it's the black but at 80%. It's not just the stitching, but also the shadows and outlines.

Take out the shadows. Many of these templates have gone overboard with the shadows so they overpower everything. They're really not necessary at this point...if you're trying to use these as a visual reference, the shadows make it harder to see a lot of the side panel striping. Nothing would be perfectly straight or centered either if the jerseys were that wrinkly, and since this is more like a style guide, I'd leave them out entirely.

Take out the shadows. Many of these templates have gone overboard with the shadows so they overpower everything. They're really not necessary at this point...if you're trying to use these as a visual reference, the shadows make it harder to see a lot of the side panel striping. Nothing would be perfectly straight or centered either if the jerseys were that wrinkly, and since this is more like a style guide, I'd leave them out entirely.

Very good idea JP, never thought of it that way. :winner:

i noticed a couple of slight errors but other than that these are great...

the falcons red jerseys have a black side panel just like the rest of their jerseys and the wordmark on the chest should be white... and the panthers wear black socks with the blue jerseys... everything else looks fantastic... and the cardinals actually have worn the red pants with the white jerseys, it was a preseason game and they havent done it since but they still exist...

Take out the shadows. Many of these templates have gone overboard with the shadows so they overpower everything. They're really not necessary at this point...if you're trying to use these as a visual reference, the shadows make it harder to see a lot of the side panel striping.

YES. Thank you. These templates are way too shadow-y. It's good to know what uniforms look like if you pick them up off the floor having been wadded up.

Rather than what exists, I think the site should show what teams have actually worn. I know it's not my decision, but one of the things that was so great about the old site was that you could look at each year and see every combination that actually made it to the field. In such a model, the Cards' red pants wouldn't be part of the graphic.

Rather than what exists, I think the site should show what teams have actually worn. I know it's not my decision, but one of the things that was so great about the old site was that you could look at each year and see every combination that actually made it to the field. In such a model, the Cards' red pants wouldn't be part of the graphic.

These aren't the graphics for the site, these are just what they will look like. The Broncos wore blue pants last night but won't wear the orange jerseys this year. This is just what's in the database, not what team wore what when.

The site images will be accurate as to what each team wore during each season.

Archived