Rank super bowl logos

JQK

XXXI - 31

XXXVII - 37

XXXVI - 36

XXX - 30

Personally, I don't think, other then 39, the others are different enough to bother ranking.

Not to change the topic, but I was playing madden one day with my buddy, and he was on a quest to get all the "cards" or whatever on the game, and I noticed that they had SB logos for the next few seasons after this one. Do you think that they are just made up? I can't remember what they look like myself, but was suprised to see something on there past next season. Have any of you guys played far enough into a franchise to see the SB logos on the field 3,5, 10 seasons into your franchise?

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

My point about the trophy in the logos is that the NHL, MLS and NBA all have a representation of their championship trophy in the logos for their league championships (runonsentence). Sometimes the World Series shows the trophy, sometimes it just shows the whole world.

But even now, 38 or so years into the Super Bowl, the only pictoral representation we see in the logo generally refers to the host city, and not the trophy or sport itself.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think what he ment was the roman numerals. The Super Bowl is defined by the numerals. XXV, XXXIV, XIII, III, XXI, XXIII, you see one, and you know what super bowl it is, you can see the game in your mind, and for the Bowls that happened before you were born (which is the case for some of us), you think of the NFL films shots, and John Facenda narrating it all in a God-like fashion. That's why the NFL will never get rid of the Numerals, nor should they ever consider it. Who knows, in the future maybe we'll remember the great battles of XLVI, LIX, LXXV.....

I guess that means in 12 years we will have one L of a game!

:D

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Sorry to step on any toes, Chris...  This topic was started, and I had trouble finding the logos, so I figured I'd make a page so folkls could look at them all at once. Just saw a need, ya know? I'll be glad to see how your page works!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Sorry to step on any toes, Chris...  This topic was started, and I had trouble finding the logos, so I figured I'd make a page so folkls could look at them all at once. Just saw a need, ya know? I'll be glad to see how your page works!

Hmm, no, not upset at all... they were just ooohing and aaahing your page, and I realised that if they liked yours then they would love mine.   (it's actually the same as yours only the logos are larger)

It's actually my fault that there was a void for this sort of thing, so no worries.

It's all good  :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Gee Discrim...

XX...XXXI...XXXVI....

could it be coincidence, those are all the Patriots' Super Bowls?

XX-i was raised a Bears fan

XXXI-gradually became a Packers fan as well

XXXVI-Bledsoe fan and i figure i might as well keep the Pats in my back pocket :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Can you spot what's wrong?

XXXVI-Bledsoe fan and i figure i might as well keep the Pats in my back pocket :D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Can you spot what's wrong?

i live in wisconsin, so i hear it every time someone asks me about it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

My choices...

1) XXXIII (33) - This just screams Miami to me, and I love the innovative way they incorporated the numbers into the "sign" feel.

2) XXVIII (28) - One of the first logos to base it on the city. Very cool design colors.

3) XXI (21) - Would have been higher if they integrated the Roman numerals better. I love the chaotic feel of the rose.

4) XXX (30) - Great southwest feel to this logo. Perfect for the location. They lose points because it's easier to incorporate the "XXX"... they couldn't do the same thing, say with XXXVII.

5 tie) XXXII (32) - I love how they made it look like nautical flags. Once again, a great feel for the host city.

5 tie) XXXVI (36) - Perfect for the mood of the country at the time. Not terribly creative, but the angle does it for me.

That's it...

My favorite is probably 36, because my Pats won it, but I also really dig the pre-911 logo too. I also love 38-San Diego and 34-Atlanta. I really hate this year's and next year's I think is possibly the worst ever; it is small, there's nothing to it, and it has two sticks awkwardly jutting out the top. Terrible.

those "two sticks awkwardly jutting out the top" are necessary when you are trying to portray a bridge in the design. I actually like that logo a lot. My favorite is probably SB 37...just has a nice touch to it.

On a side not, I just wanted to say how happy I've been since they started wearing the Super Bowl patch for XXXII. The NFL had been the only league not wearing a patch for their championship game/series, and it looks great and gives the uniforms and game even more significance IMO.

i recall the bills and giants having SB patches for XXV, i don't know why it didn't happen again til XXXII.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived