Rangers' new alternate

vicfurth

I found out today that the Texas Rangers will sport new sleeveless thirds next season. These are supposed to the players cool during the hot summer days. I couldn't find a pic, but I drew it the best I could...

rangersalternate.gif

Feel free to discuss it. I think these are pretty "cool", myself. :cool: :cool:

EDIT: I forgot the numbers...

rangersthirds.gif

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Yq58ASic.jpg

Pretty uninspiring. I think they could have done better. The numbers at the bottom are horrible, they need to be aligned with the logo.  There is one good thing to come out of this, though:

"The club also announced that all the home uniforms would now feature blue trim to the white pants, and names and numbers will be outlined in red instead of black. The home uniforms will also include blue belts and shoes."

At least they are cutting back on the black.  The article also says, "the sleeveless jerseys are the last step in a uniform overhaul that began when the team went from red caps and numbers back to the blue caps and numbers the team featured from its first season in 1972 until The Ballpark in Arlington opened in 1994."  So does that mean the next time they change it will be a complete overhaul, and no more minor changes?

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

They woulda been better without the number or extra blue stripe. These aren't too bad. Woulda liked to see that old Rangers logo with the sheriff badge on the front instead of the hat logo. Lemme make a concept. BRB.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Another giant step backwards in Texas...I guess they have to keep up with the retrograde nature of the state's politics.

:D

Seriously, though...this has bugged me since the Padres' former alternates, if not before: Why have elements on the same side of a jersey not match? Why one-color numbers and a multi-color logo?

Cleveland could get away with a three-color script on the front of their jerseys and two-color numbers on the back,

BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE JERSEY!

This look sucks!

:angry:

With regard to the front logo and different color numbers..

I personally think the DODGERS look with the "dodger blue" DODGER script and the red numbers is classic and terrific look on the front of their unis.

I personally, don't care for the numbers on the front of any baseball jersey, but the Dodgers did it well.

Thast jersey looks very generic almost like a jersey used in a movie where they could not obtain lincese to use actual merchindise so they screen printed something fake looking in 5 minutes.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Notice I said they looked good before I put the numbers on. :;): On the subject of alternates, who in baseball has the best?

Cardinals, Yankees (won't hear me say that much), etc.

But, if we have to really go along, it'd be a team that uses a white jersey as a sunday alt or something.

Archived