LCS

FiddySicks

A's Tigers

Mets Cardinals

Who do you got goin to the world Series?

Well, personally, heres my predictions on game 1.

If the A's score more runs than the Tigers, they WILL walk away with the win. Same goes for the Cardinals in their game against the Mets.

You can take those to the bank, cause ive got a really good feeling about that.

2006 NLCS = Cards vs Mets

2006 ALCS = Tigers vs A's

That's nice!!!

If the World Series were among...

...Cards vs Tigers: Oooooohhhhh... those '30s World Series, the Gashouse Gang... Gehringer and Greenberg...

...Cards vs A's: Agaaaaain the '30s!!! The Mackmen took two WS and the Redbirds took 1 WS aborting a three-peak dynasty of the A's...

...Mets vs A's: The New Yorkers will take a shot to complete the revenge of the 1974 World Series.

...Mets vs Tigers: No previous history here! But those current teams will give us a good World Series that (hopefully) lasts more than 4 games since 2003.

Very nice thing is the Yankees not playing now. It's like early '90s or 2002, or 2005.

A's Tigers

Mets Cardinals

If the A's score more runs than the Tigers, they WILL walk away with the win. Same goes for the Cardinals in their game against the Mets.

Are you channeling McCarver :D

Well since I'm the genius who got EVERY playoff series WRONG, I'm not sure my opinion counts much this year anymore, lol, but I'll put in my two cents anyway...

The Mets *should* beat St. Louis and advance to the World Series...

The ALCS is a toss-up, IMO. Both pitching staffs are dynamite, and both offenses are about even. I'm rooting for the A's, but I'm just looking forward to some good fundamental baseball, to be honest.

I too picked the Mets and Twins, so I really have no right to guess here.

However, I'm rooting for the A's. I stopped being a fan of baseball after the obscene rise in team salaries in the late 90s/early 2000s.

And to immediately contradict that last statement, I'm also a fan of Omar Minaya and Willie Randolph, and wouldn't mind seeing them win either.

If the A's score more runs than the Tigers, they WILL walk away with the win.

As opposed to a scenario in which the A's score more runs than the Tigers and lose?

Look up. Yep, thats the point soaring just over your head.

That's nice!!!

...Cards vs Tigers: Oooooohhhhh... those '30s World Series, the Gashouse Gang... Gehringer and Greenberg...

...Cards vs A's: Agaaaaain the '30s!!! The Mackmen took two WS and the Redbirds took 1 WS aborting a three-peak dynasty of the A's...

...Mets vs A's: The New Yorkers will take a shot to complete the revenge of the 1974 World Series.

...Mets vs Tigers: No previous history here! But those current teams will give us a good World Series that (hopefully) lasts more than 4 games since 2003.

Very nice thing is the Yankees not playing now. It's like early '90s or 2002, or 2005.

i would like to see the Cards and Tigers in the world series. if they play each other, they should wear the retro jersey from the 30's.

A's Tigers

Mets Cardinals

Are you channeling McCarver :D

Don't laugh, it has happened before. In 1960, the Yankees outscored the Pirates 55-27 and still lost the World Series in seven games. Statistical anomalies do occur, people.

Personally, I'm rooting for the A's to win the World Series, if only to silence the Moneyball critics once and for all.

That's nice!!!

i would like to see the Cards and Tigers in the world series. if they play each other, they should wear the retro jersey from the 30's.

Actually, the '68 series between the Cards and Tigers was much more of a classic than the '34 tilt. Hoot Gibson pitched unbelievably but in the end it was the mound heroics of the Tigers' Denny McLain and Mickey Lolich that carried Detroit to a victory in 7 games.

LCS

tigers in 5

mets in 7

World Series

Tigers over Mets in 6...and all will be right in the world.

Sounds quite about right, but I have the Cardinals over the Mets in 7 and Tigers over Cardinals in 7

Archived