Seahawks Jerseys

nwtrailtrekker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been in the camp that the Seahawks could adjust their current uniforms by bringing back the silver prototype helmes and adding silver pants (in the current style). That would eliminate the monochrome options and tie the team back to their history at bit.

I can understand the Hawks switching when they moved from the AFC to the NFC. And I like their current logo and colors, but that monochrome crap has GOT TO GO!! :cursing:

Does anyone know WHY they started with the monochromes and stayed with them???

any given sunday, y'allz

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Like many, I'm not in favour of the monochrome. It has to go.

I can live with the more aggressive looking Seahawk, but I didn't have a problem with the original. That the new one is roughly the same size as the Reebok logo is a farce. The old wrap-around was one of the most identifying characteristics.

When it comes to colours though, I much prefer the original blue and green. I'm not sure if any of you remember, but there was a lengthy delay in getting new Seahawks merchandise out when they made the switch. The reason was that nobody had the ability to reproduce the new blue. That no other teams had used that colour before must say something about it. For me, it's negative. Obviously a lot of people like it.

I think blue and green are tremendously underutilized as a tandem in pro sports. I would have preferred the originals, much like I'd prefer the Canucks to go back to blue and green.

226seahawksunifrom2.jpg

Wow, look how much bigger (and better) the Seahawk logo initially looked on the sleeves. Now, it's about the size of the Reebok logo.

Also, is it just me, or do these two look like they're about to bust out into a rendition of "Endless Love?"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've been rooting for the Seahawks since the day they entered the NFL.

I'm a huge fan of the team's updated logo. It is a perfect example of taking a dated primary mark and "tweaking" it so as to create a dynamic, up-to-date visual identity for a sports franchise.

I'm also a fan of the team's new color palette. While I loved Seattle's original Royal Blue, Kelly Green, Silver and White color combo, I'm nearly as happy with their current Navy Blue, Seahawk Blue, Neon Green and White palette.

That said, I'm not a fan of the all-Seahawk Blue monochromatic uniforms.

Further, I'd have been absolutely ecstatic if the Seahawks had simply applied their new colors and logo to something approximating the team's old uniform template, albeit with Silver helmets and jerseys playing a part in the design. Something like...

HOME: Silver helmet with Navy and Seahawk Blue logo. Navy jersey with large, wrap-around Navy and Seahawk Blue logo on sleeves. White numbers outlined in Neon Green, outlined in Seahawk Blue. Silver pants with a striping pattern that prominently features Navy and Seahawk Blue, with just a hint of White and - perhaps - Neon Green.

AWAY: Silver helmet with Navy and Seahawk Blue logo. White jersey with large, wrap-around Navy and Seahawk Blue logo on sleeves. Navy numbers outlined in Seahawk Blue, outlined in Neon Green. Silver pants with a striping pattern that prominently features Navy and Seahawk Blue, with just a hint of White and - perhaps - Neon Green.

If they'd just dump the monochromatic Seahawk Blue uniform set they use now, I'd be perfectly fine with the current uni set.

In general, I'm against murky colors that could be blue, or gray, or some other hue. That being said, the Seattle unis have grown on me. I don't think they're awful, although, like many, I'd prefer silver pants with the blue jerseys.

I liked the old ones better. I don't like the arm panels (here or hardly anwhere else in football, for that matter), and the little bitty neon green annoys. And yeah, monochrome no pretty.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Nothing stupider than that mini-seahawk on the sleeves nowadays.

226seahawksunifrom2.jpg

Wow, look how much bigger (and better) the Seahawk logo initially looked on the sleeves. Now, it's about the size of the Reebok logo.

Also, is it just me, or do these two look like they're about to bust out into a rendition of "Endless Love?"

You're right! :shocked:

The sleeve seahawk wasn't bad looking at that size.

I'm going to go with new...but with reserves. The old stuff was just bland. The new stuff is really nice, especially the logo. I hate the monochrome. If it's for a game or 2, it's ok. I hate the two different blue shades on top of each other...especially the dark jersey with darker sleeves and the number outline. I don't get the use of neon green. It's used very sparsely. What's the point? Use more or ditch it.

KISSwall09.jpg

For some reason, I don't like monochromatic look. It's probably because I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms in sports. But I like the current colors. Neon green is a bit much though. Silver/grey pants would look better with the blue/green (what do you call it?) jersey. Leave the helmet as it is. Create an alternate logo for the sleeves. I have a gripe about having a same logo on a helmet and a sleeve. The Bucs are a perfect example. It's one of my favorites.

I perfer the new Seahawks stuff. The logo is much better, and while the old scheme was nice, so is the new scheme.

The monchrome needs to go, though. Blue-blue-white at home, and blue-white-blue on the road.

They also need to make the sleave logo bigger. Not wrap around, just bigger.

But really, you don't like the understated beauty of these?

PtillmanAz.jpg

starksaz.jpg

The pant stripe, the helmet, the stark boldness of the numbers all add up to the perfect uniform for me. Their unfortunate forays into monochrome in those unis aside, I thought that although the team was often terrible, they at least looked good.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't do anything for me at all:

EdgeAri.jpg

There are pros and cons to each version of the Cards uniforms.

On one hand, the updated logo is much better then the older version, and the uniforms are some of the nicer "modern" unifoms.

On the other hand, the new uniforms just don't seem to fit the Cardinals, who are the leauge's oldest team.

The old solid red was a classic look, but the white uniforms, with the blue striping and Arizona flag, left a lot of room for improvement.

Here's a mock-up of what I would have perfered for the Cards (yes that's the Giants' road uniform, IMO it would make a perfect Cardinals road shirt).

NFLunisAC.gif

Archived