Montreal Expos

Eye

Alright, gents here's my view on the Montreal Expos. Now, the jerseys they had from I believe 1992-2004 were awesome IMO. So awesome in fact, that I bought a replica Expos home jersey a few weeks back when I went to see Jimmy Buffett. I wanted an authentic, but there were none. Awwwww shucks. Anyway, to my concept.

Home uni: Like I said I really liked the unis the Expos had, they were near perfect. What I did here was basically leave the homes the same. You know, pinstripes, no piping, Expos patch on the left sleeve, and blue cap and bill with the eMb. I brought back those old numbers that the Expos had. They were unique to them even though these numbers were briefly used by the Oakland A's during their run of three straight World Series victories. The numbers on the front of the jersey are red outlined in blue. The numbers on the back of the jersey are blue outlined in red. I think the smaller numbers on the front of the jersey give off a better contrast, which is why they are red outlined in blue and the numbers on the back are blue outlined in red for the same reason. Better contrast. I think that having different colored numbers on a jersey is unique, and I can only think of one team that does that right now, the LA Dodgers. I don't remember how the Expos outlined their players' names, but for my concept they are blue outlined in red to match with the number on the back. The socks/stirrups and belt are blue, because the cap is blue and I wanted to be uniform there and match

Away uni: Again, like the home, kept very traditional, at least by the Expos last uniforms in that I made minor tweaks that I thought could make the jersey perfect. I kept the Expos patch on the left sleeve, no piping and the old school Expos font in red outlined in blue. On the back of the jersey, names are red outlined in blue, same for the numbers. Socks/stirrups and belts are blue, to again match the blue cap.

Alternate uni: For this one, I tried to think outside of the box. The Expos never had an alternate jersey in their history and I thought that if they did have one, it would be one of the cooler looking alts. Ok, well first and foremost this jersey is a vest. Blue vest, red understirt. White numerals on the front and back of the jersey outlined in red. Player names are also white outline in red. The cap is red, because I felt that it worked better with the blue vest. I did not want too much blue for this particular jersey, so the red cap gave more of a contrast. Also, just wanted to point this out, the Expos used a red cap for BP starting from I believe 1999 until they left Montreal. Socks/stirrups and belts are red to match the cap and there is a blue stripe down the sides of the pants.

Nothing else to really say. C & C of course.

MontrealExposUniformConcept.png

Not crazy about the number font, or anything to do with that alt, but the rest is good.

Now are you not a fan of the font he chose or the fact the Expos used such a looking font for their numbering?

Not crazy about the number font, or anything to do with that alt, but the rest is good.

Now are you not a fan of the font he chose or the fact the Expos used such a looking font for their numbering?

Um, how about some block numerals?

I think that having different colored numbers on a jersey is unique, and I can only think of one team that does that right now, the LA Dodgers.

I can think of a couple other jerseys whose front numbers and script(and/or back number) are different colors...

Cubs road: blue CHICAGO, blue player name, red numbers

Twins home alt: Twins in red, number in white; back number is red, player name's white

Twins road alt: MINNESOTA in white, red number; back same as home alt

Astros home: red front number, script and back lettering are black

Astros road: black front number, script and back lettering are red

Astros alts: black front number, script and back lettering are gold

Rangers alt vest: red T, blue numbers/name

even though it's AAA, Norfolk Tides: basically same as the Dodgers...strangely, they have (or had) an alternare red uniform, complete with hat. the fact that they'd been Mets affiliates for so long makes the choice of a red number all the more odd.

Archived