Texas and Florida State Jerseys

The Danimal

As far as I can tell, Texas and FSU are the only two big-time college football teams that don't use the sewn-on numbers but still have them screen-printed onto the mesh jerseys. When you see old highlights, the printed numerals were very common but almost all teams these days go to the sewn ones.

Does anybody know why these two haven't converted over?

i believe Miami's are screened on too. And Illinois' were until recently.

Miami, Texas, Florida St., and Fresno St. (among others) all have porthole mesh fabric jerseys. It would be really hard for the stitches of the sewn-on numbers to hold well enough for them to not get knocked off. So, they all have screen-printed numbers instead of twill numbers.

I thought that miami had nike's stretch twill numbers thingy?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

You are half right about Illinois. The most recent garbage Nike fitted them with, which was of a quality deserving of a high school freshman team, used screened numbers, along with a very thin material with large holes that were nearly see through.

However, the unis Illinois wore before that (ending with the Kittner era), which are some of the all time best, IMO, were of very high quality. Not only were the numbers and letters sewn on, but the materials used were much better than with the next set. They had mesh over the entire shoulder instead of the pseudo-raglan crap Nike makes now, and the material wasn't see through.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I beileve auburn has the screen printed numbers

I think Clemson also has screened on numbers and screened on paws on the shoulders. My 'assumption' would be that these teams in the warmer weather have larger sized holes in their mesh making it easier to screen the numbers on.

CU_FSU_03.jpg

fade.gif

miami uses tackle twill, it is not screen printed, it is the same material that florida, michigan, and vt use considering all those jerseys are made with the same material

Impeccable logic.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Clemson now has the stitched brastrap jerseys.

I beileve auburn has the screen printed numbers

I think Clemson also has screened on numbers and screened on paws on the shoulders. My 'assumption' would be that these teams in the warmer weather have larger sized holes in their mesh making it easier to screen the numbers on.

CU_FSU_03.jpg

You are half right about Illinois. The most recent garbage Nike fitted them with, which was of a quality deserving of a high school freshman team, used screened numbers, along with a very thin material with large holes that were nearly see through.

However, the unis Illinois wore before that (ending with the Kittner era), which are some of the all time best, IMO, were of very high quality. Not only were the numbers and letters sewn on, but the materials used were much better than with the next set. They had mesh over the entire shoulder instead of the pseudo-raglan crap Nike makes now, and the material wasn't see through.

Thaaats right, I thought the Kittner uniforms were different. All I know is that they went from bad to worse this year.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Clemson's got different unis now, and the paws are on the sleeves now instead of the shoulders. it looks to me they're sewn on now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wisconsin had screened number for years and maybe still does. But this year, on TV, they appear that they may be stitched...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Michigan didn't have twill numbers in 2004-2005:

24.jpg

BYU went totally '80s when the made the retro switch last year, even ditching the twill numbers for shiny, cheap-looking, silk screened/heat transferred numbers. I was hoping they'd go to twill this year, but apparently they seem to think that the resulting weight reduction/better aerodynamics gives them an on field advantage.

1c69aa53-346d-4a02-9a1a-76df8bfa484b.jpg

EDIT: Looking at the above picture got me thinking that TCU's are not twill as well--sure enough, they aren't.

c8b31b76-83cd-452d-9395-caafd2c879bf.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Wisconsin had screened number for years and maybe still does. But this year, on TV, they appear that they may be stitched...

I think you're right.

WARNING: BIG PICS for you dial-uppers.

These sure appear to be tackle-twill:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/photos/2450_3.jpg

This sleeve number is definitely stitched - you can see the thread:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/photos/2677_3.jpg

Archived