Sterling, here we go again

flynnagain

can you display an image of your design so we can compare?

I also see at least partial ripoffs of Fordham's athletic logo and the old Detroit Gladiators (WHA) logo. Not to mention the full ripoff of the Minnesota Wild logo.

QPR%20Sig.png

The leaf behind the ripoff of Sterling's moose is the non-football portion of the CFL logo.

Hey, I guess if you wanna get sued, might as well do it with gusto...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The leaf behind the ripoff of Sterling's moose is the non-football portion of the CFL logo.

That leaf would be a little tough to prove considering a red maple leaf can only be displayed so many ways before they start to look like each other, but I do recognize the resemblance to the CFL logo as well.

BTW, how do these designers get away with this?

NICE!!

Before I get to uppity, is this something that makes money?

That leaf would be a little tough to prove considering a red maple leaf can only be displayed so many ways before they start to look like each other, but I do recognize the resemblance to the CFL logo as well.

BTW, how do these designers get away with this?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I also see at least partial ripoffs of Fordham's athletic logo and the old Detroit Gladiators (WHA) logo.

The only the helmet/head and the general shape of the Gladiators' logo were copied. The helmet is identical by my comparison but the shield, arm and stick are all different, just in the same positions.

NICE!!

Before I get to uppity, is this something that makes money?

It's a junior A hockey league, I don't believe they have merchandise for sale, but they promote the local teams in the local papers and what not. So they have to be making some sort of profit on ticket sales?

I don't know if this really makes a difference, but I don't think there's really much of a profit being made from a league like this. Wouldn't profits go into league/rink fees and travel costs? I know there are leagues as this level around New England, and most (if not all) profits are funded back into the team.

In theory, it shouldn't make a difference. The team shouldn't be using the logo illegally.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Who owns this logo, Sterling or Manitoba? I agree that this is wrong, but why get too worked up over it if it isn't even your problem?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The Moose now own that mark, not me.

THat, and the fact that these folks aren't getting rich off of it, are two reasons why I'm tempering my outrage.

Don't mistake me. It's 100% wrong and unethical and just.........crap. Like always. It's been a long three years of chasing down all these abuse leads and sending nasty-gram emails (which technically I have no authority to do).

And heck....in a really disgusting way, it's flattering.

I'll let the Moose know and let them follow up if they want.

tcmoose_-_merchandise_-_cap.JPG

This cap looks like it's for sale. Or at least will be.

So do the polos & jackets they have online.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived