What can the Yankees get for A-Rod?

BBM

Andruw Jones, Kyle Davies, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (one of the top catching prospects in all of baseball) for Alex Rodriguez.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You have to be :censored:ing kidding me.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Andruw Jones, Kyle Davies, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (one of the top catching prospects in all of baseball) for Alex Rodriguez.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You have to be :censored:ing kidding me.

Think about this logically.

-Texas already pays around $10M of his $25M per season. The Yankees will likely chip in with another $7-8M just to unload him easier. A-Rod will be quite a bargain. He's also signed up for the next four seasons.

-Andruw Jones is a free agent after the 2007 season. He'll be commanding a whole lot of money, because of his great defense and his recent two seasons at the plate. I'm 20% confident that Andruw will re-sign here. It would really suck to let him test the market, sign with another team, and only get a compensatory pick in the 2008 Draft. The Braves have depth in the outfield (Francouer, Matt Diaz, Langerhans, Kelly Johnson, Scott Thorman).

-Davies is a young arm the Yankees are looking for. The Braves have a wealth of starting pitching already (Smoltz, Hudson, Hampton, Thomson (?), Ramirez, and Chuck James), and New York doesn't want an old arm.

-"Salty" does not have much of a major league future in Atlanta. Posada's getting up in age for a catcher, and the Yankees would love to have a slugging catcher waiting in the wings when Posada eventually wears down.

-The Braves are likely not going to re-sign Marcus Giles. Renteria, being one of the better team-players in baseball, likely would shift over to 2nd base, and let Rodriguez play his more-natural position.

You're forgetting something, A-Rod can't play for :censored:.

I'm sure A-Rod will be a lot better in another place. If you look at his postseason numbers without the Yankees are good. Remember there were a look of things going around A-Rod in New York. Mostly him having to play a new position and playing next to Jeter.

As far as "All 30 teams would love to have him"... I have a feeling the way he talked about his teammates after getting traded to New York wouldn't make him too welcome back in Arlington.

Just a hunch.

:)

Yeah and The Mets won't want him with Reyes and Wright

New story on ESPN: Pinella wants to bring A-Rod to Cubs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2628823

I wouldn't do it for anything less than Zambrano and Ramirez, although I don't know how effective Zambrano would be in the American League with the number of pitches and walks he doles out.

The reason ARod needs out of New York is simply for the fact he can't perform under pressure here, lives in the shadow of Jeter, and carries such a stigma with him that the Yankees are honestly better with him off the team and out of the clubhouse. More than a few guys on the team have been upset with Alex this past year, and really it's not all media-created. The best thing for both sides would have him gone.

New story on ESPN: Pinella wants to bring A-Rod to Cubs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2628823

I wouldn't do it for anything less than Zambrano and Ramirez, although I don't know how effective Zambrano would be in the American League with the number of pitches and walks he doles out.

The reason ARod needs out of New York is simply for the fact he can't perform under pressure here, lives in the shadow of Jeter, and carries such a stigma with him that the Yankees are honestly better with him off the team and out of the clubhouse. More than a few guys on the team have been upset with Alex this past year, and really it's not all media-created. The best thing for both sides would have him gone.

A couple of things - As far as Aramis Ramirez, the Cubs basically can't trade him, unless he picks up the remaining two years on his option, which is unlikely. A more realistic scenerio is A-Ram opts out of his current deal (in other words, opts for free agency, and either renegotiates with the Cubs, or goes to another team). Assuming he stays with the Cubs, this isn't the NBA, as there are no sign-and-trade deals in MLB, and the Cubs couldn't trade Ramirez until June 15, 2007...

So, since Aramis Ramirez is basically not a realistic option, you're left with only Zambrano as trade bait. Plus, you're forgetting that this could end up a three team deal - say, get the Marlins involved, and finally get the Dontrell Willis to the Bronx trade done (the Cubs have a history of, not only trades with the Marlins, but three team deals as well...). In that case, maybe the Cubs only give up prospects, instead of Big Z...

Just throwing out a possibility...

Moose

I think the Yanks could get a decent sum for A-Rod. A-Rod is just not fit for life in New York. A-Rod would probably do better in an enviornment such as the Angels, White Sox, Cubs, maybe even the Astros. He's a great player, I'm not gonna deny him that and he is a good guy all around. But, he's just not fit to be a Yankee. He's great during the regular season and sucks in the post-season. I think A-Rod going to another team will be sort of like what happened to Jose Contreras. Contreras was traded from the Yanks to the White Sox due to poor performance. The next season, he played awesome and helped my guys win the series.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived