Alabama to wear Houndstooth-trimmed jerseys

simpsontide

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That does look nice. I'd almost be willing to suggest it would be a good permanent change, depending on how the rest of the uniform looks.

Alabama has a great traditional look, but that is a tweak that I would gladly support.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Kind of reminds me of FSU's pattern they wear (used to wear?) on their unis. I like that kind of stuff. It makes colleges unique. I've always thought Penn St. should incorporate some kind of subtle pattern into the collars or sleeves of their jerseys to give them a lil' bit extra somethin'.

What's the point of this? What they need to do is (hopefully the traditionalists don't cry when I say this) is put on a white mask, drop the numbers on the helmet and put the cursive "A" on the side.

KISSwall09.jpg

They can wear the houndstooth hats instead of helmets as far as I'm concerned. It's not gonna matter in 2 weeks; they're still gonna get their A**** kicked by UT anyways! Sorry Bama, Bear is still in the grave and he isn't gonna rise again!

Roll Tide, Roll!

Around the Bowl, and Down the Hole!

Flush, Flush, Flush!

They can wear the houndstooth hats instead of helmets as far as I'm concerned. It's not gonna matter in 2 weeks; they're still gonna get their A**** kicked by UT anyways! Sorry Bama, Bear is still in the grave and he isn't gonna rise again!

Roll Tide, Roll!

Around the Bowl, and Down the Bowl!

Flush, Flush, Flush!

This is why SEC games are the best games to watch in college football. Gotta love those rivalries

Roll Tide, Roll!

Flush, Flush, Flush!

Oh Rocky Top, you'll always be

A PILE OF :censored: TO ME!

I HATE ROCKY TOP!

GO TO H*LL TENNESSEE, GO TO H*LL TENNESSEE!

6-3.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Roll Tide, Roll!

Flush, Flush, Flush!

If I remember correctly, we're just paying homage to one of the great coaches of all time. Not calling for his ressurection.

And to refresh your Tennessee memory, UT didn't beat Bama at any of the three "major" (football, basketball, and baseball) NCAA sports once last year. Until you beat us, you can't talk.

And just for tradition:

Hey Vols!

Hey Vols!

Hey Vols!

We're gonna beat the hell outta' you!

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer

Give 'em hell, Alabama!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Roll Tide, Roll!

Flush, Flush, Flush!

Oh Rocky Top, you'll always be

A PILE OF :censored: TO ME!

I HATE ROCKY TOP!

GO TO H*LL TENNESSEE, GO TO H*LL TENNESSEE!

6-3.

Rocky Flop is more like it.

Looks good, I dig the uniqueness that the trim adds. It makes think back to the tie-dyed sleeves and collars that Texas A&M had in the late 90s.

gamble.jpg

Wow. Those are butt-ugly.

But I would love it if the Bama houndstooth collars were a permanent change. It would be unique, understated, classy, and tie the tradition of the program to the present version.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The also built a statue to the bear on campus:

bildein0.jpg

You Know who else has a statue and his memory and likeness are everywhere you look in a town?

0731iraq173.jpg

I'm just saying.

Not so much anymore thanks to the good ol' U.S. military.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Archived