Cory Lidle R.I.P.

jkrdevil

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The news was just a complete and utter shock to me. It's unbelievable how just a few days ago we were talking about the Yankees getting eliminated from the postseason and leading to Joe Torre almost getting fired and A-Rod trade talks. It seems that news is now just a footnote compared to today. I was just thinking earlier today that the Yankees should start getting rid of their starting pitchers. I never would have thought it would happen this way. R.I.P., Cory Lidle.

The news was just a complete and utter shock to me. It's unbelievable how just a few days ago we were talking about the Yankees getting eliminated from the postseason and leading to Joe Torre almost getting fired and A-Rod trade talks. It seems that news is now just a footnote compared to today. I was just thinking earlier today that the Yankees should start getting rid of their starting pitchers. I never would have thought it would happen this way. R.I.P., Cory Lidle.

Couldn't have said it better... I've seen and heard alot of comments on television and radio today about how this really puts things in perspective, and while it's quickly becoming a cliche, it rings true every time I hear it.

We often forget that these stars and gladiators on the baseball diamond are actual people. Cory Lidle leaves behind a wife, 6-year-old son, and a bevy of family members and friends. Forget that the Yankees lose a pitcher. Forget that the only reason we know this man is his role in the sports world. Two men died in this crash in an unspeakable tragedy that none of us will soon forget. Value life, folks. This is how quickly it can end.

I saw this article on ESPN.com about how his father found out through TV and his wife and son have not dound out (as of this article) because they were on a flight back home.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2622099

I would hate to find out about a family members death like that and couldn't imagine getting off a plane an having someone come up to you telling that a family member died like what is going to have to happen to his wife. This is sad.

I just realised something a little weird. I wore the old T-Bird Jays cap today and that was the cap style Lidle wore when he was a Jay. Kind of weird if you ask me...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I dont think so its just history, and showing pictures of the people in question

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Very sad when anyone dies in an accident. For some reason, shocking when it is a name and face you know.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I just realised something a little weird. I wore the old T-Bird Jays cap today and that was the cap style Lidle wore when he was a Jay. Kind of weird if you ask me...

I saw a guy in a Phillies cap today too. Freaky.

Sigh... my point is the T-Bird cap was only worn for the 2003 season - the lone season Lidle pitched for the Jays. Thats why I find it strange, just because it is an uncommon hat.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived