76ers alternate

kingroadz

Not sure if anyone else has noted this, but it seems the 76ers new red alternate was on display against CSKA Moscow. It can be seen on getty images worn buy their mascot. Can someone please clarify wether it is actually the new alternate, or just a red jersey made up to match the red colors of CSKA Moscow. If it is the new alternate, I actuallt like it, although they probably could have added some more color to the neck and arms of the jersey. Otherwise it suits the Sixers, and takes them back to the red of old.

(If this has been noted I apologise to the poster in advance)

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...p;p=7&tag=9

I added the link to make the search quicker for you.

artest.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That uni has been worn by the Sixers' creepy douchebag mascot for some time now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, as they say down in your neck of the woods, "no worries." There's been quite a bit of speculation on this board about a red Sixers alt replacing the blue one. But I don't know if anything's come of that.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a sixers fan I want them to rid black from there scheme, use the blue as the standard road and the red as an alt. However, in this case, I am deeply disapointed at the loss of the blue jerseys. They are the only decent Sixers jerseys out there. I will especially hate the reds if they have black lettering like what appears in that pic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Sixers website had news about a red alt a couple weeks, maybe a month ago. It didn't say they would wear it, but that a red Allal Iverson replica jersey would be a give away at one of the games.

I doubt they are going to look like what the mascot has been wearing.

Save the slugalo.

The Sixers website had news about a red alt a couple weeks, maybe a month ago. It didn't say they would wear it, but that a red Allal Iverson replica jersey would be a give away at one of the games.

From Sixers.com

ALLEN IVERSON RED KIDS JERSEY NIGHT (courtesy of Dodge): vs. Memphis, Friday, March 2

As the Sixers sport their brand new, red alternate jerseys in 2006-07, the first 5,000 kids ages 12 and younger through the gates when the Sixers host the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday, March 2, will receive a red Allen Iverson replica jersey. The promotional item, sponsored by Dodge, will bear the seven-time All-Star?s No. 3.

So, yeah they'll be wearing them at some point this year.

In all seriousness, why do they persist in having a rabbit as their mascot? Maybe ive missed something along the way, but as far as im concerned, he/it is the worst mascot goin around at the moment. Surely they have alot more brains than that, and they can come up with something that says "Philadelphia" a bit more.

artest.jpg

In all seriousness, why do they persist in having a rabbit as their mascot? Maybe ive missed something along the way, but as far as im concerned, he/it is the worst mascot goin around at the moment. Surely they have alot more brains than that, and they can come up with something that says "Philadelphia" a bit more.

That's definitely open to debate. My nominee is this guy:

120px-Sabretooth_Buffalo_Sabres.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Sixers are DEF going to red unis this season. EVERY sporting goods store in the Greater Philadelphia Region has current Sixers jerseys marked waaaaaaaaay down. Store managers have confirmed they are trying to move them to make way for the new stock.

The Sixers went to black when Pat Croce purchased them. The dude is fanatical about pirates. He even opened a pirate museum in Florida. He wanted to change the Sixers name to the Pirates but the NBA said NOOOOOO! So he went ahead & made them wear black anyway because he says black is the color pirates wear.

dave@phillysportsteams.com

http://www.phillysportsteams.com

What the hell? What could you possibly have wrong with Sabretooth? He does look a wee bit ridiculous now with the color change, but he's still light years better than that cracked out rabbit.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

If I ever get a pet rabbit, I will name him "Creepy Douchebag."

I feel honored.

What the hell? What could you possibly have wrong with Sabretooth? He does look a wee bit ridiculous now with the color change, but he's still light years better than that cracked out rabbit.

He's a big goofy cat with a big goofy buffalo on his jersey. With no sabres at all. He could just as easily be a walrus, a hippo, or big piece of pizza and make the same amount of sense.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

He wanted to change the Sixers name to the Pirates but the NBA said NOOOOOO! So he went ahead & made them wear black anyway because he says black is the color pirates wear.

Have any sources for this little tidbit? I'd have to seriously question the legitimacy of this claim.

And yes - Hip Hop is quite creepy and embarassing... but he's still better than his predecessor, Big Shot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Sixers are DEF going to red unis this season. EVERY sporting goods store in the Greater Philadelphia Region has current Sixers jerseys marked waaaaaaaaay down. Store managers have confirmed they are trying to move them to make way for the new stock.

The Sixers went to black when Pat Croce purchased them. The dude is fanatical about pirates. He even opened a pirate museum in Florida. He wanted to change the Sixers name to the Pirates but the NBA said NOOOOOO! So he went ahead & made them wear black anyway because he says black is the color pirates wear.

dave@phillysportsteams.com

http://www.phillysportsteams.com

That has more to do with the change from Reebok to Adidas.

Save the slugalo.

Not sure if anyone else has noted this, but it seems the 76ers new red alternate was on display against CSKA Moscow. It can be seen on getty images worn buy their mascot. Can someone please clarify wether it is actually the new alternate, or just a red jersey made up to match the red colors of CSKA Moscow. If it is the new alternate, I actuallt like it, although they probably could have added some more color to the neck and arms of the jersey. Otherwise it suits the Sixers, and takes them back to the red of old.

(If this has been noted I apologise to the poster in advance)

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...p;p=7&tag=9

I added the link to make the search quicker for you.

Ummm....

If you look at the images closer the Sixers are wearing their regular black road unis. Moscow is wearing red.

Archived