MSU Spartans new basketball unis

deliver2david

Nike template. What a surprise.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How are these different from the old one?

Just curious.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I really like how they went back to using 'State' on their jerseys. That in and of itself makes it very classic. Now the actual jersey design itself....

<_< ...much too much for me.

I disagree on using a "State" wordmark. There's way too many state universities in this country for teams to simply have "state" on their jerseys. I still think MSU looked the best in the uniforms with the Greek-like trim back when they won the tourney.

VmWIn6B.png

I hate it that they use 'State' on their jerseys. I've never heard anyone refer to Michigan State as just 'State'. I MIGHT understand it better if NC State did that, but c'mon.... Just put Michigan on top of the uni, and below the number put State, like they used to do. Anyone remmeber the Mateen Cleaves years?

I hate it that they use 'State' on their jerseys. I've never heard anyone refer to Michigan State as just 'State'. I MIGHT understand it better if NC State did that, but c'mon.... Just put Michigan on top of the uni, and below the number put State, like they used to do. Anyone remmeber the Mateen Cleaves years?

1778376a.jpg

MSU has a history of using State from the Magic Johnson era, and at least in these parts MSU is often referred to as State.

How are these different from the old one?

Just curious.

Here's a pic of their old ones:

4083.jpg

I think you are refering to the Steve Smith era, rahter than the Cleeves years. MSU was with Reebok when they won their title. And those unis were pretty awful in their own right.

Cleaves doing his little dance during NCAA Championship. Ugh!

I really like how they went back to using 'State' on their jerseys. That in and of itself makes it very classic. Now the actual jersey design itself....

I disagree on using a "State" wordmark. There's way too many state universities in this country for teams to simply have "state" on their jerseys. I still think MSU looked the best in the uniforms with the Greek-like trim back when they won the tourney.

As someone else mentioned, they've been doing that much longer than anyother 'State' team that I can think of. I think using 'State' makes me instantly think of college athletics. Its like the old movies where some blond kid named Chip or Rusty or Boomer or whatever has the rocket arm and he's got the scout coming down from 'State' to see him play. Thats all I'm refering to.

Ah yes, those jerseys did rock.

F'n Nike. These are the same friggin' jerseys that they gave Illinois, except there's no tribal waistband on MSU's as far as I can see. I still don't get this. Maybe it helps Nike, but they're swiping team individuality.

P.S. I associate "State" w/ Michigan State. I like that they use it. It sort of gives them another level of importance.

"I go to State."

"Which state?"

"Michigan State. Is there any other?"

Yeah...and going along with that...there's a reason there's a big letter "S" in the middle of their football field. That "S" reperesents the school...and it don't mean "Spartans".

No...that "S" is for STATE.

It's just like seeing or hearing "Carolina" and one instantly thinks North Carolina. (No matter how bad they try--and i hate it that is has to be that way), South Carolina will never ever be able to just go by "Carolina". Carolina Tar Heels. Carolina Panthers. Carolina Hurricanes. They all play in North Carolina.

Same line of logic here with "State". It's classic. It's iconic. Even with the Mateen Cleaves era jerseys, notice "STATE" was emphasized, with"Michigan" being relegated to just that little block above the "STATE" wordmark.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree that Michigan State can get away with just "State" on their unis. Like bucco_B said the block S stands for STATE and just about who sees that S thinks Michigan State.

As for the rest of the unis, I don't know really what to think. I've decided not to get attached to any of States' uni because they seem to change them every freakin' year.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Nike is making a joke out of college basketball uniforms. If they put a clavicle stripe on Gonzaga I'm going to Beaverton and burning that place down.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

F'n Nike. These are the same friggin' jerseys that they gave Illinois, except there's no tribal waistband on MSU's as far as I can see. I still don't get this. Maybe it helps Nike, but they're swiping team individuality.

P.S. I associate "State" w/ Michigan State. I like that they use it. It sort of gives them another level of importance.

"I go to State."

"Which state?"

"Michigan State. Is there any other?"

No...these aren't even close to the same as Illinois. Maybe close...but very different. This look good and work. Illinois' are bleh.

Archived