Phoenix Jets?

DelayedPenalty

Wow! It's been a while since I posted a concept here. I finally had some time to take a break from school and do what I enjoy. For some reason lately I've found myself infatuated with the 1970's - 80's NHL teams. I wasn't alive for much of those decades (just the mid and late 80's), so I never had the chance to see teams like Colorado (Rockies) and the Kansas City Chiefs play. One team I do remember watching however are the Winnipeg Jets. I can't believe it's been 10 years since they moved to Phoenix already! Anyways. Here's a concept I came up with (I think I've seen similar ones done already on this forum but why waste a concept if I wasn't going to post it?) You've heard of throwbacks, but this is what I've been calling a "throw-forward" or a "throward" (cheesy, yes, I know).

Here's what I did:

~took the current Phoenix home jersey (Roger Clemente's template)

~1973- 79 Jets logo (CC's) and updated the colors to current Phoenix colors

~change the stripe colors on the jersey to black and tan

~name and number fonts are current Phoenix also but changed to tan instead of white

~shoulder crests are current Phoenix primary logo

~the 96 number refers to 1996, the year they left Winnipeg

PhoenixJets.png

Tell me what you, what you like, what you don't like, what you'd change, etc.

Good to be back!! ^_^

If the team is called the Phoenix Jets then why does the logo say "Winnipeg?"

LOL. Good point.

Since you've used black on the stripes, it feels like the numbers could use some black too, no?

Good call, lol, didn't think of that at the time. Here's the updated version.

PhoenixJetsUpdatecopy.png

Almost time for class! I'll get to the black around the numbers later. And I just realized the right arm number should be the other way if it's 96.

Good call, lol, didn't think of that at the time. Here's the updated version.

PhoenixJetsUpdatecopy.png

Almost time for class! I'll get to the black around the numbers later. And I just realized the right arm number should be the other way if it's 96.

Should the logo be the newer jets logo, the last one they used before leaving Winnipeg?

and what would the wolves be there for?

Should the logo be the newer jets logo, the last one they used before leaving Winnipeg?

My original intent was to tie the current Phoenix and old Winnipeg together. The "wolves" are the current logo. I think using the newer Jets logo would be too similar. I'll see what I can come up with.

Overall good concept. I like the idea of the merging of Winnepeg and Phoenix, but the actual execution is hard to pull off, with the jets on the chest but the coyote/wolves on the sleeve. I think the colors are excellent though and it is very good work.

and what would the wolves be there for?

Think about it. If they are the Coyotes then why would wolves be on the shoulder.

Nice concept though.

didnt mean wolves, just typed it for some reason. but the point i was making was that there were coyotes on a Jets jersey.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I'm taking all your ideas into consideration, however, I won't be able to work on it this weekend, so it will be at least Monday before I get anything done. I've tried the 90's Jets logo on the shoulders and quite honestly it's too much. I'm going to try different shoulder logos, maybe the Arizona state flag like the Cardinals use.

I'm taking all your ideas into consideration, however, I won't be able to work on it this weekend, so it will be at least Monday before I get anything done. I've tried the 90's Jets logo on the shoulders and quite honestly it's too much. I'm going to try different shoulder logos, maybe the Arizona state flag like the Cardinals use.

Try throwing the Jets' "Goals for Kids" patch on the shoulder...

Archived