New UNC basketball jerseys

creativelysain

I know everyone blames Nike, but I wish schools would refuse the Nike (or Jordan in this case) template treatment. Those navy "swooshes" or whatever they are called are ugly on UNC and I dislike them, too, on Michigan State and countless other teams. Teams seem to be losing their identities and I hope that they wake up.

I know everyone blames Nike, but I wish schools would refuse the Nike (or Jordan in this case) template treatment. Those navy "swooshes" or whatever they are called are ugly on UNC and I dislike them, too, on Michigan State and countless other teams. Teams seem to be losing their identities and I hope that they wake up.

And, somewhere, Alexander Julian weeps...

And, somewhere, Alexander Julian weeps...

He designed them for free (or for some barbecue), but the larger schools should be able to exercise more creative control.

TEMPLATE B.S. strikes again!

Even the bigger-name schools are not immune!

Wishful thinking, man. As long as the almighty dollar rolls on in from Nike, the universities will continue to sell their identity, integrity and soul.

I lambast Oregon for being the most egregrious example, but this happens all over the freaking map. And not just Nike, adidas is the devil too.

Hey, those look just like the Michigan St. uniforms, which looked like the Illinois uniforms. Isn't that veerd?

...which look just like the Florida uniforms, which look just like the Alabama uniforms, which look just like the Kentucky uniforms...

AM.gif

I agree with the post that said these schools are seeling their souls for change. NC is one of Nike's flagship schools--i figure of any school out there (in college basketball anyway), THEY would be the ones to actually hold on to their look and identity. Nope--they no convert to the cookie-cutter template used by at least 16 other big-time programs (and undoubtedly countless other lesser programs).

Pretty soon, if this keeps up, NCAA basketball is going to look a hell of a lot like the "newly rebranded" WNBA--different colors on the same template. And it ain't just basketball. Pretty soon NCAA football is going to wind up looking like the Arena League--and am I the only one who's noticed about 90% of the teams in that league have the EXACT SAME DESIGN with different colors? (May as well throw the CFL in there, for that matter.)

Are schools no longer willing to spend for INDIVIDUALITY??? (And yes, Nike is the primary offender, but it's also true they aren't the ONLY ONES...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived