Canucks Jersey Talk

cleckie

I've been listining to the TEAM 1040 (Vancouver Sports Talk Radio) and with the new hire of the Canucks President/CEO (Former Nike Executive) there has been alot of hype that the Canucks will change their jerseys. They even have a poll as to which jeresey fans would like to have. Team 1040 Site

I am very interested in how his hiring will effect the Canucks marketing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been listining to the TEAM 1040 (Vancouver Sports Talk Radio) and with the new hire of the Canucks President/CEO (Former Nike Executive) there has been alot of hype that the Canucks will change their jerseys. They even have a poll as to which jeresey fans would like to have. Team 1040 Site

I am very interested in how his hiring will effect the Canucks marketing.

Shame there's no option there for "Other"

Like something representing a Canuck.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The team1040 is just filling up airtime. They pull out the jersey poll at least once a month to get the fans talking and tuning in. There does seem to be a huge push for a return to the Blue and Green lately though. It finally seems like the tide is turning in this town. The Canucks of course will have new uniforms next season but with Reebok at the helm I'll bet they won't be going retro.

I'd like to see Johnny Canuck as the main logo with a new simple "V" and possibly the rink stick logo somewhere. The Johnny Canuck logo will need to be simplified a lot though. It's too busy at the moment. I'm picturing something more along the lines of the Arizona Sun Devils. that would look sweet.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The team1040 is just filling up airtime. They pull out the jersey poll at least once a month to get the fans talking and tuning in. There does seem to be a huge push for a return to the Blue and Green lately though. It finally seems like the tide is turning in this town. The Canucks of course will have new uniforms next season but with Reebok at the helm I'll bet they won't be going retro.

I'd like to see Johnny Canuck as the main logo with a new simple "V" and possibly the rink stick logo somewhere. The Johnny Canuck logo will need to be simplified a lot though. It's too busy at the moment. I'm picturing something more along the lines of the Arizona Sun Devils. that would look sweet.

with RBK in charge, you will not be getting the rink logo, no skate logo, and no orca whale logo(which isn't a bad thing). but they'll probably try to do something to tie in history like the red, black and yellow scheme and tie it in with the flying v and some new age made for nick jr. logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Does anyone have a pic of the "Johnny Canuck" logo?

Do a search on the message boards here.

There have been some really awesome Canuck design using the Johnny Canuck logo. They were so many good ones that I would buy one even if the canucks didnt use them. Id just put in in the closet with my 80+ other jerseys.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I miss the skate logo. The return of the black skate logo jerseys fitted to the new streamlined design would look really cool.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I despise fan votes when deciding logos or identities. Just make a kick ass identity, throw it out there and see if it hits. Democracy in design is death. Sometimes you just have to take the chance and go with it...at least thats what I tell my clients. Go with your gut and you can never go wrong.

p.s. I think they should return to the team Germany color scheme

4151m.jpg

Tiger.jpg

Let's go blue and green, shall we?

Bonus fake edit: That's Craig Levie of the Winnipeg Jets behind him. Never scored a goal.

Thats Don Taylor's dream (Sportsnet Pacific, Team 1040) In the brief time i've been listining to the the Team that has always been his suggestion for new jerseys

Does anyone have a pic of the "Johnny Canuck" logo?

Do a search on the message boards here.

There have been some really awesome Canuck design using the Johnny Canuck logo. They were so many good ones that I would buy one even if the canucks didnt use them. Id just put in in the closet with my 80+ other jerseys.

Dan

You can see it here: http://www.canuckscentral.com/hbeforethenhl.html

Archived