Canucks Jersey Talk

cleckie

hjohnny.gif

I don't think it's that great.

I wouldn't mind seeing the blue and green return in some way, but I was a big fan of their unis in the mid-90s (skate logo included).

Personally, there's nothing wrong with the uniforms they have now. I'm getting tired of the "change for change's sake" mantra that's going around (especially what it did to Buffalo sports).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shameless plug :P :

NHLunisVCv2.png

*letterform made the logo, credit for that goes to him.

Personally, there's nothing wrong with the uniforms they have now. I'm getting tired of the "change for change's sake" mantra that's going around (especially what it did to Buffalo sports).

What's wrong with their current uniforms? How about the shameless corporate logo that only serves to act as a billboard for the team's owners, and has nothing to do with the name "Cauncks"?

This isn't "change for change's sake", this is wanting to get rid of a really terrible logo.

Oh, and the Sabres needed a change, badly. Just because they messed up and went with an awful look doesn't negate the fact that they needed an overhall in the first place.

I can't be the only person who loves the current Orca set and thinks they should continue to keep it full time. I don't care if it inspired by the ownership group, it looks fantastic.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I like em too Roger. Infact, probably most people outside of Vancover have no clue that its similar to the company, so its not doing that great of a job of marketing if that was what it was for.

I think an Orca works well to represent the northwest, (do canadians call it their southwest?) Even if they are owned by Orcabay

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Johnny Canuck says something. I don't think the orca says enough... yes it's a nice representation for vancouver and B.C., but... man I just wish the canucks could be their namesake... they should go ahead and market themselves as a team for all of Canada, since they went and chose the most patriotic name they possibly could find, ("Canadians" (Canadiens) already being chosen.)

I think an Orca works well to represent the northwest, (do canadians call it their southwest?)

The only time I ever hear anything in canada refered to as south is "Southern Ontario".

Southern Canada? Never heard that term before.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I also like them. Being from Victoria originally, I always listen to the games on the net when I can down here in New Zealand. I always here on the Canucks marketing campain, at least last year, it was advertised as BC's team. The colours are a great choice in my eyes. Burgandy and dark blue representing the mountains and the ocean and the orca as the main logo, that is very canadian, especially western canadian. On top of that, the native design of the orca is also very west coast canadian. That says "canucks" to me. Who cares if it is a lame attempt by the owners to get their name into the team, it's kind of clever really. I don't see the Canucks changing thier logo any time soon and I hope they don't.

Southern Canada? Never heard that term before.

The synonym for the term "southern Canada" is Minnesota. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

As a Canucks fan I don't understand the popularity of Johnny Canuck. How exactly does it better represent the team name than the current logo? It looks like a high school logo for a team called the Lumberjacks.

I like the current set a lot, especially the colour scheme. I think they should try a sky blue alternate with dark red and navy striping. Of course, we won't see a new alternate for at least two seasons.

As a Canucks fan I don't understand the popularity of Johnny Canuck. How exactly does it better represent the team name than the current logo? It looks like a high school logo for a team called the Lumberjacks

Well, it's closer to whatever a Canuck is than a shark jumping out of a letter C. That logo I saw in Concepts with the V and the mountains was pretty good at looking British Columbian. If there was a C in there and maybe some more Pacific colors, that'd be a cool look.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I despise fan votes when deciding logos or identities. Just make a kick ass identity, throw it out there and see if it hits. Democracy in design is death. Sometimes you just have to take the chance and go with it...at least thats what I tell my clients. Go with your gut and you can never go wrong.

thats what the makers of the buffa slug said :rolleyes:

ATL

I like the simplicity of the last one, but it might be too simple. We are getting a backlash against fabricated retro. Unless that's what the Vancouver Millionaires used to wear. Boy, would there be egg on my face then!

Lets solve this entire problem right now. Change the name to the Vancouver Millionaires. It would be going back to the only Vancouver hockey team to ever win a Stanley Cup. Actually to go a bit off topic, that is what the owners of the Victoria Salmon Kings should have done, gone with Vicotria Cougers.

As a Canucks fan I don't understand the popularity of Johnny Canuck. How exactly does it better represent the team name than the current logo? It looks like a high school logo for a team called the Lumberjacks.

In the late 19th/early 20th century "canuck" was used as a slang term for Canadian lumberjacks.

During WWI and WWII British soldiers called the Canadian troops ariving in Britain "Canucks." Since then, "canuck" has gone on to become a slang term for all Canadians.

So I would say Johnny Canuck would work very well for a team named the "Cauncks."

Now, what does an orca have to do with the name "Canucks"?

Archived