Australian Football League 2007 thread

Primal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Coast unveils...

embleywa003.jpg

The AFL and Hungry Jacks logo on the shorts are in the wrong spot aren't they?

They are, but if you go back to the 1977 WA side, they wore the stylised map of WA on that side.

Better than a Map of Tassie on your shorts, I guess.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

In the Richmond Newsletter which is sent out to members the club are advertising the chance to have your photo taken with the team of 2008. Anyway the whole point of the add is that 2008 marks the 100th anniversary of the Tigers in VFL/AFL football, it mentions that in the 2008 team photo the players will be wearing the Club's Centenary jumper.

IMO the club will either wear one of their last three heritage round jumpers or will wear their normal jumpers with the Centenary logo that is yet to be unveiled.

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

Based on the AFL logo used on the Eagles Heritage jumper, am I to asume their will be no Heritage logo used this season, seems strange to give it a miss, its a good part of heritage week seeing something new in the top right hand spot on the jumer.

artest.jpg

Heritage-Round-2007.gif

They should look something like these.

(Based on publicised information, not any inside information)

The West Coast jumper is not a sash in the same sense as the Essendon/Richmond template you've used - it is a straight diagonal that ends at the hem rather than the side.

Based on the AFL logo used on the Eagles Heritage jumper, am I to asume their will be no Heritage logo used this season, seems strange to give it a miss, its a good part of heritage week seeing something new in the top right hand spot on the jumer.

Both the WCE and Sydney jumpers (Puma) have shown up on eBay, and both have a plain AFL logo. But that's not to say that the gameday jumpers won't have something special.

Heritage-Round-2007.gif

They should look something like these.

(Based on publicised information, not any inside information)

The West Coast jumper is not a sash in the same sense as the Essendon/Richmond template you've used - it is a straight diagonal that ends at the hem rather than the side.

Both the WCE and Sydney jumpers (Puma) have shown up on eBay, and both have a plain AFL logo. But that's not to say that the gameday jumpers won't have something special.

Just saw them 5 minutes ago.

Quite right on the sash, I will fix it when it's neccessary, however, the logo is as it will be.

There is no Heritage logo for 2007.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

interesting...Freo's throwback, from the front, resembles Birmingham City's new shirt, only in jumper form.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sydney in white shorts?

Nothing for the Saints-Magpies game? Or just the usual. There's pretty much no change, just the collars and collar colours.

Essendon and Richmond are just wearing coloured shorts with normal jumpers. Hawthorn's jumper has "traditional stitching" (WTF is that?) in addition to some gold trim on the shorts. Carlton, Geelong and the NorthGoldCoasteroos don't appear to be doing anything at all.

The heritage concept's 15 minutes are very close to being up.

Sydney in white shorts?

Nothing for the Saints-Magpies game? Or just the usual. There's pretty much no change, just the collars and collar colours.

Essendon and Richmond are just wearing coloured shorts with normal jumpers. Hawthorn's jumper has "traditional stitching" (WTF is that?) in addition to some gold trim on the shorts. Carlton, Geelong and the NorthGoldCoasteroos don't appear to be doing anything at all.

The heritage concept's 15 minutes are very close to being up.

Hawthorn's stitching might actually be the pin-striping down the sides of each stripe.

And I believe the backs are Gold.

Essendon and Richmond could have gone with thinner sashes, but then the coloured shorts would be out of place.

I like the idea of Heritage shorts, even if the jumper stays the same.

North's stripes are supposed to be thinner, with pinstripes, and along the sides of the jumper as well, not just down the front.

At least, that's what the footy historian with the website told them they should look like. :)

It appears that they've either used a different jumper for the pic, or they've ignored this bloke.

As for Carlton, it appears as though they're wearing their 1998-2005 jumpers.

Maybe they didn't get the memo.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Essendon and Richmond could have gone with thinner sashes, but then the coloured shorts would be out of place.

I like the idea of Heritage shorts, even if the jumper stays the same.

I like the idea of different shorts striping, full stop. The standard stripes on the sides are boring, although they may have their place on away white shorts.

Collingwood is wearing their normal jumper, so we now have to wear that ridiculous white clash jumper. :censored: Collingwood are :censored:. Hope we beat that stupid mob. Baker v Didak. :censored: yes, that'd be a good match up for that stupid wanker.

In the meantime.... Didak arriving for training today....

NYHETER-22s30-mc-736_438.jpg

An Alan Didak footy card....

image5vu3.jpg

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived