New Ohio State Jerseys

TheStoicPaisano

So, is Nike requiring that all of their schools wear those stupid fluffing shoulder stripes? There are going to be games that are going to look positively rec league, with constant matchups of the same uniform in different colors. And does this one have a back stripe? Get me a pistol.

Also, way to completely abandon a unique and classy wordmark for something that looks like a Houston Rockets bootleg.

Can't we get the designers in Nike's soccer department to show football and basketball the light?

Members of Nike's shoulder-stripe nation:

Illinois

Michigan State

Ohio State

North Carolina

Duke

Kentucky

Florida

Arizona

I'm sure I'm missing some, so just keep adding on to the list.

This game should be fun.

I know Alabama is in the club, and I'm pretty sure there is another SEC team or two with this same look. It doesn't even look that good (they look more like women's unis to me), so I don't understand we can't just see a little bit of thought and originality.

Members of Nike's shoulder-stripe nation:

Illinois

Michigan State

Ohio State

North Carolina

Duke

Kentucky

Florida

Arizona

I'm sure I'm missing some, so just keep adding on to the list.

Georgetown & Georgia both have them.

i just really hope uconn doesnt go this route.. i still would like to see uconn go with very simple white and blue uniforms with perhaps a touch of red., real real classic and sharp. i though uconn's womens uniforms from the 04 were some of the best uniforms out there, mens or womens.

image_dianataurasi.jpg

Duke really isn't part of the jersey stripe thing. They only wore those jerseys for the ACC/Big Ten challenge?

They are this year. Now with more black than ever. If the Cameron Crazies want to live up to their name, they'll run onto the court, rip them off the players, and burn them for the benefit of society.

i just really hope uconn doesnt go this route.. i still would like to see uconn go with very simple white and blue uniforms with perhaps a touch of red., real real classic and sharp. i though uconn's womens uniforms from the 04 were some of the best uniforms out there, mens or womens.

image_dianataurasi.jpg

UConn has been slowly making a transition to Navy white and grey accents. They started doing that around the time I graduated. When the football team went D-1 they eliminated the red. Rumor has it they will completely remove red from all teams but only time will tell. They even recreated the huskydog logo with primarily white blue and grey with just his tongue as red. I personally would love to get rid of the red, but thats just me.

Archived