Nba replica jersy question

Joshawaggie

is the swingman at $70.00 vs. the reebok at $55.00 worth the $15.00 price difference? I think it looks like it would be, the nike is a lot nicer lookin, how is it for quality, anyone bought some yet? I want the Nuggets away jersey for comparison:

71164315_z.jpg50164315_z.jpg

josh

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

i've been on eastbay for a while now, openieng up zooms of both reebok and nike, each of the same player, and nike's look so much nicer. I think it may be worth it. Especially since I haven't bought an NBA jersey since the Kings first went to black and purple, and I had Mitch Richmond :P

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If you want the Nugs, listen to me.  I've done a lot of research between the reebok replica and the Nike swingman recently.

Replica -- not accurate.  Collar is pure yellow, no triange with the N on front, wide shoulders, and teh white part on the side isn't accurate.  The Reebok replica is pure white.

Swingman -- closer to accurate.  Collar is correct.  Has the right details.

However, the one problem both have is the color isn't exactly right.  The Reebok blue is too dark.  The Swingman blue isn't quite the right shade either.  Honestly, if you want the best possible thing, go with the authentic.  It's a different material than most jerseys, which gives it the shineyness.  If you dont' want to drop the $150 (and I don't blame you), EASILY go with the Swingman.  It's not even close if you compare the two.

I bought the authentic road (Andre Miller #24 baybee!) and absolutely love it.  The Swingman's are damn close, but not the right material/texture.  The Reebok replicas are crap.  Another nice thing about the Swingman is the fact that the numbers/names are sewn on, so you can actually wash the jersey without worrying as much about them coming off.  I have a Nike Swingman throwback Juwan Howard Nugs jersey and it's great.  Like I said though, the Nugs new jerseys are tough to replicate without the same fabric the authentics use.

When the Nugs jerseys first came out, the only thing available was the replicas.  Well, being the sadistic die-hard fool I am, I had to get one.  Thank God I got the home one.  If you want the home, the Reebok replica isn't bad, but it's still no where near the Swingman level.

It sucks that Reebok is the official providers of jerseys.  Nike's are usually so much better.

not even close, like everybody said, the swingman style is the way to go. case in point, i own a ray allen bucks swingman (hey, at $30, i got more for my buck) adn have seen reebok's versions. the difference is so notable it's not even funny.

*holds up clipboard*

THIS

IS

SAD

*gets ejected*

then again, we COULD go back to when replicas REALLY sucked: the mid-90s :o you know, those shawn kemp ones w/o the arch above the number, the shaq and penny jerseys w/o pinstripes, THOSE mid-90s

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well Swingmans are obviously way better in quality than authentics. Yuo guys have mentioned that they're not the right colors or materials, but heck, if they were, it would be an authentic jersey. So something has to be a little off. But I mean if you look at the picture there's no question, the Reebok doesn't even do the collar or underarm stripes right. And since when are those pieces of :censored: Reebok makes $55? What a friggin ripoff. Go with the Swingman, no doubt.

For some reason, Reebok insists on making its replicas with wide shoulders. The Nike Swingman jerseys are much closer to the authentics. I'm not sure exactly which teams' uniforms are made by Reebok (I think the Celtics are Reebok), but it's sad that the team that makes both can't make the replica and authentic styles similar.

It's sad how Reebok has done a poor job with team jerseys. I always liked Reebok over Nike (the evil empire), and they always fit my feet better too. But what they have done with the replica jerseys is just bad...different colors, incorrect shoulder/neck styling, wrong fonts in some cases...

Reebok needs to hire a new quality control person in charge of NFL & NBA promotional stuff.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm with the consensus on the shoulders--unless you think the new wide-shouldered "pixie shirts" that the Lakers/Mavs/Raps have are really sweet, go with the Swingman and look not like a pu*sy.

I would love to get a Clippers 3rd jersey, but obviously don't want to get the Reebok. Am I SOL?

I was just looking at those Carmelo jerseys yesterday in a sporting goods store.  I've been wondering for a while about this - why doesn't Reebok - or any of these other manufacturers - try to come up with a cut of replica jerseys with actual short sleeves on them?  I own a couple of replicas, and I'll never wear them, because you either wear a tank top out in public, which looks really pathetic, or you wear a t-shirt underneath which just makes you look like a putz.  I don't know - maybe a short-sleeve version of a jersey would look worse, but somebody's gotta come up with a better solution for NBA jerseys...

My 2 cents...

I don't think t-shirts under jerseys look bad, it's the only way to wear them (unless you're trash  :D ). It should just match somewhat. I practically never wear my Nowitzki jersey though, just because I suck at basketball and I've always felt like you should be good to wear a basketball jersey. I dunno, maybe it's just me. Plus I'm white.

I don't think t-shirts under jerseys look bad, it's the only way to wear them (unless you're trash :D ). It should just match somewhat. I practically never wear my Nowitzki jersey though, just because I suck at basketball and I've always felt like you should be good to wear a basketball jersey. I dunno, maybe it's just me. Plus I'm white.

where's the problem? :;): i'll tell you what, i have no game, but every now and then i throw on my ray allen jersey.  mainly, thing is i can't shoot consistently and i'm the slowest guy i know.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I wear my purple/black Carter jersey with pride! Not only am I white, but I'm Jewish (the least athletic human beings on the planet)!  I usually wear it with a black or sometimes gray t-shirt. What I really really want next is a red Carter alt jersey. They look SO GREAT. Such a classy uniform. I know one thing though, I am not buying those Antonio Davis and JYD alt jerseys that they have on sale (I miss JYD... come back Jerome!!! You belong in the T.O.!)

I'm tempted on gettin a navy Nash Mavs jersey. They sell up here in Toronto just as much as any Vince Carter one does.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I know one thing though, I am not buying those Antonio Davis and JYD alt jerseys that they have on sale (I miss JYD... come back Jerome!!! You belong in the T.O.!)

I'm tempted on gettin a navy Nash Mavs jersey. They sell up here in Toronto just as much as any Vince Carter one does.

think about it, you can support a favorite player and mock the throwback trend at the same time :laugh:

random person: ain't you hear? JYD got traded!

Braden: well this a throwback now :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived