Sabres wearing 3rd jerseys tonight

jcjr81

except win

Win what? Did I miss something?

They have won every game this season in the new jerseys. I see where you are trying to go and I would advise you not to bother. "Durrrr, the sabres never won da cup! Durrrrrrrrr, no goal! Durrrrrr, Philly rockz!" You won two freaking cups. TWO! In the 70's no less. Hell you probably weren't even born then. You are not the Montreal Canadiens. The Flyers have no clout. I understand that your probably still sour about last years playoffs and that is understandable.

The thing about the Sabres 3rd jerseys is that they aren't referred to as retro or vintage jerseys. They are the alternates. So I'm not pissed that they changed it up a bit. Plus, as other people have mentioned the blues will eventually match up.

Wow, you really sound intelligent. Little advice, regular season wins mean nothing. Just look at the track record of teams winning the President's Cup (that's most regular season points, incase you weren't genius enough to figure that out) then going on to win the Stanley Cup. As a Flyers fan, what do I have to envy Buffalo about. I dont care if the Cups were won 30 years ago, they were won, period. You, however, cant say that. You beat us in the playoffs last year. Big deal. Weve beaten you plenty of times in the playoffs. The only playoff round win worth going on about is the one at the very end. Until your team has won that, it would probably be to your benefit and everyone elses to keep quiet, and save the trash talk until your team, or any other team in your city has anything to show for itself.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just look at the track record of teams winning the President's Cup (that's most regular season points, incase you weren't genius enough to figure that out) then going on to win the Stanley Cup.

If you're going to take a shot at someone's intelligence, you might want to get the right name of the trophy you're using to do so, otherwise you look pretty stupid yourself.

Just look at the track record of teams winning the President's Cup (that's most regular season points, incase you weren't genius enough to figure that out) then going on to win the Stanley Cup.

If you're going to take a shot at someone's intelligence, you might want to get the right name of the trophy you're using to do so, otherwise you look pretty stupid yourself.

**President's Trophy......happy? Point's the same.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

They wore the jerseys again last night against the Flyers. I find it kind of odd that they wore them two games in a row.

BTW, the Sabres won 9-1, but of course as the oh so eloquent philly97flyer pointed out "regular season wins mean nothing."

They wore the jerseys again last night against the Flyers. I find it kind of odd that they wore them two games in a row.

BTW, the Sabres won 9-1, but of course as the oh so eloquent philly97flyer pointed out "regular season wins mean nothing."

Cups are won in April, May, and June. I can tell you from being a long time Flyers fan, it's not how you start, its how you finish. Look at the Devils. How many times have people written that team off? They pick up their play accordingly, and have 3 cups in the last decade to show for it. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Devils, but you can't deny what they have done.

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Well, that whole alternating captain thing should be fixed too, if you ask me.

Here Here!!!! Or even worse, like the Pens do here, have NO captain and all A's. its getting ridiculous.

Sabres have 2 captains (Drury,Briere) and 1 Alt (Numminen)

full.getty-71799144rs002_ny_new_york_r_9_34_02_pm.jpg

Damn, the mismatched equipment really ruins it.

I hoped to shop for some throwback merch and was supposed to go to that game, but the storm threw a few wrenches in my plans.

I bought a Throwback Hat last year. I wish I had stocked up on AGH gear. I shopped around a little this past weekend. Everything had the Big Giant horned Tequila worm on it.

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

Though I'd call myself a traditionalist, I love the numbers on the front on the throwback. Personally, I don't think it makes the jerseys look lopsided or bitsy: the numbers really, honestly work. To be clear, though, I really strongly feel that they should ditch the new look completely and just use the old jersey with the numbers on the front for the primary (although assuming a colour inversion for the away strip, they'd look a heck of a lot like Sweden).

I do NOT like that they can't afford new helmets and pants for use with that jersey.

I see Buffalo selling as many of their thirds as Vancouver does. They'll be a hit with the fans.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Wow, it's like they're trying to screw them up on purpose. Apparently, the $700 for pant shells and the $2000 for matching helmets was too pricey for the team. :rolleyes:

Probably already been asked, but what's the reasoning for no matching pant shells or helmets?

Because in 2-3 years the Sabres will darken the shades of blue and yellow on those jerseys to match the current Buffaslug colour scheme.

Wow, it's like they're trying to screw them up on purpose. Apparently, the $700 for pant shells and the $2000 for matching helmets was too pricey for the team. :rolleyes:

Probably already been asked, but what's the reasoning for no matching pant shells or helmets?

hold the phone on that one. Someone posted in another thread that now the Sabres, having seen the new blue in action more, think it's too dark and want to go with the Throwback or original blue next year. just another twist in this ever eveloving saga of the gfront office that can't get the unis right the first time.

Thank god Lindy knows what he's with the on-ice product. Maybe they should put him charge of the jerseys! He'd bring back the originals in a heart beat.

Archived