Please God have McCarver say somthing stupid!

gueman

And here I thought Piniella was Italian. I'd probably find this more ridiculous if it hadn't relieved us of that :censored:bird.

As for national announcers, I haven't heard that many complaints about Al Michaels or Mike Emrick. And all of the latter's critics seem to be Ranger fans. But what you say is mostly true. For every one person who likes Joe Buck, there must be a dozen (like me) who think he sucks. Personally, I would say that the zenith of baseball broadcasting was the 80's: Vin Scully on NBC, Al Michaels on ABC, Jack Buck on CBS Radio. The nadir of course would be the late 90's: Joe Buck on FOX, Bob Costas on NBC, Jon Miller on ESPN Radio. I get the dry heaves just thinking about that triumverate.

I like Bob Costas.

Oh, and I think Darrin Jackson's contract with the White Sox is up, so maybe Lyons could go back there. If ever there was a club that desperately needed good broadcasters, that's the one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Juan Uribe and his brother reportedly shot and injured two men in the Dominican Republic on Friday.

The men who were shot have already been released from the hospital. According to the report, Uribe opened fire, perhaps in self defense, after the men approached his vehicle. An investigation is ongoing. Asked to comment on the incident, Steve Lyons said he wanted all four men searched in case they stole his wallet. Oct. 15 - 7:39 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=MLB

1997 | 2003

As for national announcers, I haven't heard that many complaints about Al Michaels or Mike Emrick. And all of the latter's critics seem to be Ranger fans.

Emrick is a moron, with about the most annoying voice in the universe. Why people think he is a good announcer is completely beyond me. When he's announcing games on TV, I just mute it. Makes watching hockey about 393% better.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

the most overrated broadcaster on a national basis is Jon Miller with his long-winded, mind-numbing drivel that detracts from any baseball broadcast he is a part of.

He is the radio voice of the San Francisco Giants and I'm a Giants fan. I can not stand the guy......Here we are at beautiful....AT&T Park....on the corner of 3rd and King streets here.....in San Francisco......on the shores.....of McCovey Cove..............

I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEY PLAY JON! AND SO DO JUST ABOUT ALL THE LISTENERS! :evil:

the most overrated broadcaster on a national basis is Jon Miller with his long-winded, mind-numbing drivel that detracts from any baseball broadcast he is a part of.

He is the radio voice of the San Francisco Giants and I'm a Giants fan. I can not stand the guy......Here we are at beautiful....AT&T Park....on the corner of 3rd and King streets here.....in San Francisco......on the shores.....of McCovey Cove..............

I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEY PLAY JON! AND SO DO JUST ABOUT ALL THE LISTENERS! :evil:

Well I may be the only one in the Baltimore area that agrees with you. I do believe that in 1983 when Jon Miller first came to the Baltimore he was great. But over time his broadcasts became the Jon Miller Show with the Baltimore Orioles and I doubt much has changed.

I liked Bob Costas up until this point "Apparently Ritchie Garcia has blown the fan interference call as it appears a fan has reached over and caught the ball that Tony Tarasco was in position to catch."

That was said after 2 replays were shown. There was nothing apparent about it BOB!

Call me old school but Jim McKay was the best. When you hear him you know the event is BIG!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I wish during the playoffs, the networks could use the local guys for the broadcast.

There would certainly be a home team bias, but you would understand that going in. Also, you would have announcers that actually know something about a team and its history. It is a shame that these guys are with their team for a long 162 game season, but then get shut out of their team's most important games.

My other option would be to use Vin Scully for everything. No one calls a better game.

I remember listening to a Dodgers game and a player bunted down the 3rd base line. The ball rolled down the line, but eventually spun its way foul. It was such a simple play, but Scully described it so eloquently and vividly. It is hard to believe a foul ball could be such great radio. :D

I like Bob Costas.

Oh, and I think Darrin Jackson's contract with the White Sox is up, so maybe Lyons could go back there. If ever there was a club that desperately needed good broadcasters, that's the one.

In addition, Steve, Ozzie, and Kenny could have a contest for 2007 to see who can piss off the most people.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wish during the playoffs, the networks could use the local guys for the broadcast.

I've been saying this for five years now.

For every national telecast game, there should be one passionate local announcer from each team, they should be separated by a glass wall, and they should be allowed to say whatever remarks about the other team.

This would be hilarious and exciting. They'd get to zing each other for 3 hours.

For every national telecast game, there should be one passionate local announcer from each team, they should be separated by a glass wall, and they should be allowed to say whatever remarks about the other team.

This would be hilarious and exciting. They'd get to zing each other for 3 hours.

I was thinking the home team would to use their local guys, but your idea sounds better. Telecasts of rivalries like Cubs/Cards, Dodgers/Giants and Red Sox/Yankees would be very entertaining.

:D

With the continued expansion of SAP and digital alternate channels, I would think it wouldn't be too far in the future that we're able to select the announcers for a game by picking a channel. If that happens, I'll be tuning in the opposing crew for the Sox each and every time. Stretch!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With the continued expansion of SAP and digital alternate channels, I would think it wouldn't be too far in the future that we're able to select the announcers for a game by picking a channel. If that happens, I'll be tuning in the opposing crew for the Sox each and every time. Stretch!

Satellite radio works this way. During the playoffs, they have the home team announcer on one channel and road team announcer on another, and a national broadcast feed from ESPN or Westwood One on a third channel, and a Spanish language feed on a fourth channel. (During the Super Bowl, Sirius had like 6 other language channels for the broadcast of the game.) Mind you, the satellite feed is often 10-20 seconds behind the live TV footage.

(WTF is Westwood One?)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived