Titans in all navy?

Broken Record

that was the first thing i saw when i sat down for the game...

my first instinct was "gah... monochromed titans? we've joined the trend?"

but as the game went on, i started to like them more and more... i still prefer white pants for the titans... and would love to see the new columbia blue pants they supposedly bought this season...

but navy on navy didn't look nearly as bad as i expected them to.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

horrible color combo. I'm getting a bit tired of teams getting so superstitious with what they wear. Just go out an play and thats it. Superstitions are an excuse and or cover up for one's own in securities. True champions need no excuses, thats why Tennessee only have one win this year.

Might work better if pants had single light-blue stripe to match up better with the shoulder "stripe."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Might see this combo at the next home game...

Tennessean article

The Titans will undoubtadly wear their light blue jerseys for their next home game. They always wear their alternates at home versus Houston. I still would like to see the light blue pants sometime this year (preferably with the white jerseys). They would look sharp with the light blue shoulders on the white jerseys.

The all navy was a nice change-up for the Titans. Some of you people who didn't like it need to lighten up. Of course, these same people probably think the Cowboys uniforms are neat.

I can't find any pictorial evidence to support this...but I could have sworn--in fact i'd probably bet good money on it--that the Titans have gone all-navy once before, like maybe four or five years ago. The one player in my mind I can remember seeing in it was punter Craig Hentrich. Maybe it was just a pre-season game...and I haven't been able to turn up any pics (maybe someone else out there knows about this?), but I can just about guarantee they've done this once before.

I may be wrong...but I truly believe that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I can't find any pictorial evidence to support this...but I could have sworn--in fact i'd probably bet good money on it--that the Titans have gone all-navy once before, like maybe four or five years ago. The one player in my mind I can remember seeing in it was punter Craig Hentrich. Maybe it was just a pre-season game...and I haven't been able to turn up any pics (maybe someone else out there knows about this?), but I can just about guarantee they've done this once before.

I may be wrong...but I truly believe that.

That was when they unveiled the uniforms in a fan event in '99,i know i was there.

Yep. I liked the all blue look too. (I also like the Broncos in their all blue set too.)

As long as they don't overdo it now....

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Archived