Mismatching Det. Tigers Logos

kmw_29

The Tigers know a good thing when they have it. Rarely does anyone complain about their home look. I say keep it and honor a long, long past. More teams need this sort of simple, strong look. The only things I have ever disliked about their look was the way their road unis have changed over the years. I like their current set because of its use of their old font, and the getting rid of side stripes. I didn't like the tiger through the D hats--too busy.

I think the Tigers road unis would be perfect if they removed the white outlining around "Detroit" and just have orange bordering around their wordmark, otherwise there is no reason to change it.

I'm not a big betting man, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that the vast majority of Tigers fans would prefer keeping the different kinds of Ds. It's too much a part of the team's tradition.

And if the fans want it, that's the way it should be, no matter what we high-and-mighty logo "experts" say.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find any Tiger fan to agree with that one.

You'd have to understand tiger lore and history to fully appreciate the Olde-English D and what it represents to the team and to the city. To have it changed to some godawful logo with a slinky tiger?

I'm a Tigers fan from Detroit who used to go to Tiger Stadium for almost every home game.... The caged tiger is a great logo, and it wasn't used more than it should have been. If they put that on the full-time home jerseys, I could see people thinking it was too much, but it was just on BP stuff and the road caps. The road caps have looked different for as long as I can remember.

The Tigers know a good thing when they have it. Rarely does anyone complain about their home look. I say keep it and honor a long, long past. More teams need this sort of simple, strong look. The only things I have ever disliked about their look was the way their road unis have changed over the years. I like their current set because of its use of their old font, and the getting rid of side stripes. I didn't like the tiger through the D hats--too busy.

I think the Tigers road unis would be perfect if they removed the white outlining around "Detroit" and just have orange bordering around their wordmark, otherwise there is no reason to change it.

Good point. I don't like all the white trim on road uniforms - including/especially the Yankees.

Archived