Worcester Sharks

BostonBlazer

The Worcester Sharks are an AHL team who've just started their first season in Worcester. They are the AHL affiliate to the NHL's San Jose Sharks. Worcester's primary logo is actually San Jose's. What I did here was rotate the logo counter-clockwise so that the triangle would fit underneath this "W" for Worcester. It also looks as if the shark is charging upward instead of sideways.

sharksconceptxv4.th.png

The Worcester Sharks are an AHL team who've just started their first season in Worcester. They are the AHL affiliate to the NHL's San Jose Sharks. Worcester's primary logo is actually San Jose's. What I did here was rotate the logo counter-clockwise so that the triangle would fit underneath this "W" for Worcester. It also looks as if the shark is charging upward instead of sideways.

sharksconceptxv4.th.png

The logo is still just San Jose's. I like the idea, the shark coming through the W, but I don't think the execution is what it should be. Get rid of the stick and the triangle from the shark and change the font of the W so that it looks like a W. This has lots of potential! Good job so far.

There was a reason why I used San Jose's logo for this. I was pretending this was to be submitted as an official design (or at least an idea for a design). They want their primary logo to be just like San Jose's because they want their AHL Sharks to be like the NHL Sharks. Sometimes, NHL teams, especially those who own an AHL team, want their AHL affiliates to be like their NHL parent.

For here, I will do what's suggested, losing the hockey stick and triangle, and changing the "W."

Maybe something along this line...

WorchesterSharks.png

It keeps the idea of the original San Jose logo, but makes it original as well.

I am kind of opposed to the red eye, it is not an attribute of an actual shark and would just cause a color discrepency on the jersey itself, also maybe fit the shark to the "W" a little better as to better represent the part of the shark after the fin.

maine936xt.png

sharksconceptxv4.th.png

I was about to say that it looks weird, but that's quite a cool effect you've done there. In a way, it's reminicent of the old Hartford Whalers logo. The only improvement I'd say to make to this would be the wordmark above the logo, unless you were just using that to show the team's name.

WorchesterSharks.png

Delayed Penalty, that's just plain awesome. That red eye adds to the already aggressive feel to this logo. Nicely done... :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived