Classic NFL uniforms

leedsunited

Honestly some people will never be happy.

There are probably people saying how football should actually still be played with a pigskin and leather helmets. I mean c'mon you'll always have people that glorify the past. In ten years don't you think there will be a group of people heralding the early millenium (2000-2006) as a high point of uniform design. :rolleyes:

You can never win I guess. I personally think uniform design is getting better and better and so are logos. The NFL can't always be like college football wear some of the classic looks haven't changed for decades (i.e. Penn St., Nebraska, Texas, etc.)

Notice an important difference between these two? Check the upper right.

1991:

uniformstandards_upload.jpg

2005:

IMG_4319.jpg

1991: "Jersey must cover all pads and other protective equipment worn on torso or upper arms."

2005: "Sleeves must not be torn or cut."

If it weren't for that alteration, NFL players might actually have to wear sleeves as part of the dress code. As it stands now, though, Chris Hovan can trim his jersey down to a wife-beater, and the NFL isn't gonna complain, so long as the edges aren't frayed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived