Worst uniform in the history of uniforms

ZoDogg34

I think implementing the proposed Green Bay uni updates in the mid-90s would have been a terrible idea, although we mostly would have accepted it the way we do the current Rams unis; the GB update was the same basic idea.

If we're to accept the worst uniform as being the most senseless update, I heartily offer the Sunday white Lakers alts. A completely pointless uniform that actually makes the Lakers look worse. A team willfully giving up its special colored home exemption strikes me as a team that should give up its exemption for good.

Another possible candidate would the the Blue Jays, for the simple fact they aren't blue.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think I see now how one can determine which jerseys can land on this "list" here that just got spelled out by spyboy: if the sweater or jersey is garish enough to garner a nickname, it'll be grouped into this category. Think about it: "Wild Wing", "Gorton's Fisherman", and now the "Mooterus". How long will it be before the "Buffaslug" finds itself in this "elite" group??? (And oh btw, you left out one in your list of "classics"...)

I thought you were going to call me out for not naming the Bruins "Winnie the Pooh" yellow alts!

I also have that car crash "can't look away" reaction to the Phoenix Coyotes "Peyote" Alts. Those were hideously fun as well. Now the LA Kings "Burger King" jersey, those were hideously stupid. Of course, I own one of those too.

Is there a name for that beautiful Tampa jersey? "Stormy"?

As for that St. Louis Blues Mardi Gras Alt, one can only dream of what kind of font they may have used for the names and numbers. Oh, the possibilites...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Worst color scheme and jerseys ever....the 1960-61 Denver Broncos

den77.jpg

Tripucka1.jpg

Tripucka.jpg

Broncos1960.jpg

Those colors can't be too bad is the San Diego Padres started using them and the Wyoming Cowboys are still using them...ok, used to still use them (they've now gone the Vegas gold route).

That said, save for the vertical socks striping, I actually LIKE that combo! And if ever there should be a throwback for an NFL team, THIS would be it.

(Oh snap...I think I just gave myself a new idea!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those colors can't be too bad is the San Diego Padres started using them and the Wyoming Cowboys are still using them...ok, used to still use them (they've now gone the Vegas gold route).

That said, save for the vertical socks striping, I actually LIKE that combo! And if ever there should be a throwback for an NFL team, THIS would be it.

You mean these vertical stripe socks? :D

vertsocks.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

It would interesting if for a throwback game in the NFL the refs would wear the old AFL red stripes.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

stars_alternate_big.jpg

Oh, you pick on the Mooterus now, but just wait until 10 years from now when the Mooterus is the new Islanders Fisherman or Wild Wing jersey. Then you'll be sorry you didn't get one while you had the chance when they are going on ebay for $100.

Buy low, sell high. Time to stockpile that pile of jersey that belongs in the stockyard.

Long live the Mooterus! Another landmark along the highway of ugly jerseys - Too Hideous to Live, Too Grotesque to Die. :shocked:

oh, i'm already looking for a mooterus sale now.

i'd love to own one. i'd just hate to wear it, or see the stars wear it :)

That reminds me of the other colosally bad uniform decision of the 20th Century, the 1960 Detroit Tigers:

al_1960_detroit.gif

Who thought that update was a good idea? :blink:

This looks lke a uniform that would appear in a non-MLB licensed video game or something. Uniforms in a generic old design, for a team old enough to maybe have had them.

Archived