Why the hell is wrong with society?

Roger Clemente

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay-Z is a millionaire so that gives him the right to boycott products after casually skimming articles, I guess.

Sooooooooo, baseball hats! If they're not what the players wear, they're probably a bad idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All I know is, they will never make one for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Actually, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the only CFL team to have one.

105708.jpg

Check it out, the skyline of Regina is all along the brim. :P

That hat is called the C Note. I seriously cringe as if someone just kicked me in the balls when people ask to see it. tools are atracted to that hat like magnets.

this is why new era is really beginning to suck. the quality of the 59/fifty has been going hill for a couple of years and these fashion hats have gotten totally out of control.

Although Stereotypes should never be acceptable anywhere, I think many of you are being naive and are missing one very important and obvious thing about this style or fashion of hat. It is targeted towards the young urban man.

If you think that fashion designers and even logo designers for that matter don't sit down and think about targeting very specific markets when creating their work you're kidding yourselves. Too some degree, stereotypes (even though they are wrong) do enter the realm of fashion, drive certain trends and influence design. There's no denying that. You have to generalize to some degree.

Now some of the comments made in the posts may not be exactly PC, but thats life. Some people say stuff you don't like. Ignore them and move on, instead of pandering to them.

Back to the topic. I actually like the San Francisco hat. I wouldn't wear it, but I like it.

All I know is, they will never make one for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Actually, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the only CFL team to have one.

105708.jpg

Check it out, the skyline of Regina is all along the brim. :P

Strangely enough, it looks like the skyline here in Gueydan! ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any of you graphic designers possibly photoshop a Pirates' cap with an oversized rendition of a nickel on the side? If so, I'm guaranteeing you my desktop background through spring training! Bonus points if you can put "Save Us Cuban" across the brim!

Too bad New Era doesn't want to comment on the Financial status of teams' ownership...

White and Nerdy 06!

MLB C-Note

It's all about the Benjamins Baby! The C-Note by New Era features your favorite team logo in metallic colors inside money seal logo all on the front panel. The C-Note also features an embroidered $100 bill design on mid panels, with metallic color piping on the mid seams. This hat is so CASH MONEY... $100 Dolla Bill Ya'll!

That's from the actual Lids page for the C-Note Hats...

:bonk:

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

1_640.jpg

ive seen these around. theyre pretty stupid imho.

oh and if you couldnt tell its a mets cap. the directions are to shea i guess.

i actually think that one is kinda clever.

Clever!?? You got upset about stereotypes and you think this is clever? The neighborhood depicted on that hat is of one of the worst crime infested gang controlled neighborhoods in NYC, South Jamaica. Who do you think New Era is targeting and how do you think they come up with these stupid ideas? They stereotype based on where the biggest group of dumbasses exist where they can exploit the hell out of them. I work in the neighborhood depicted on the hat and I used to live there too. The kids that I teach are all over the New Era hats and they are willing to pay $40-50 bucks for that hat and then throw it away a month later when it gets dirty and they have to go out and buy another one. This is not clever at all it is exploitation at its worst. And yes when I drive to and from work all I see around the neighborhood is kids with their pants around their thighs, with long t-shirts and THOSE F&^KING ugly ass hats on their heads. I think we all know who New Era is targeting with those hats.

And by the way Shea Stadium is no where near Jamaica Ave, Hillside Ave or Sutphin Blvd.

Clever!?? You got upset about stereotypes and you think this is clever? The neighborhood depicted on that hat is of one of the worst crime infested gang controlled neighborhoods in NYC, South Jamaica. Who do you think New Era is targeting and how do you think they come up with these stupid ideas? They stereotype based on where the biggest group of dumbasses exist where they can exploit the hell out of them. I work in the neighborhood depicted on the hat and I used to live there too. The kids that I teach are all over the New Era hats and they are willing to pay $40-50 bucks for that hat and then throw it away a month later when it gets dirty and they have to go out and buy another one. This is not clever at all it is exploitation at its worst. And yes when I drive to and from work all I see around the neighborhood is kids with their pants around their thighs, with long t-shirts and THOSE F&^KING ugly ass hats on their heads. I think we all know who New Era is targeting with those hats.

And by the way Shea Stadium is no where near Jamaica Ave, Hillside Ave or Sutphin Blvd.

I think the squiggly little street is supposed to be Parsons Blvd.

1_640.jpg

That's a pretty nifty hat there. Basically the whole idea about that hat is to represent where your team is or where you're from if you're in the neighborhood.

Pretty cool.

P.S. 50 Cent came from Jamaica, Queens, NY.

bSLCtu2.png

That's a pretty nifty hat there. Basically the whole idea about that hat is to represent where your team is or where you're from if you're in the neighborhood.

Pretty cool.

P.S. 50 Cent came from Jamaica, Queens, NY.

It would make more sense if the hat had a map of Flushing, not Jamaica. Flushing is a good 10 minute ride on The Parkway from Jamaica.

• 2 weeks later...

1_640.jpg

i actually think that one is kinda clever.

We all know what kind of element New Era is targeting with this. And frankly, it's pathetic pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Why the hell is wrong with your word choice?

I love you, sweet irony.

And you are all racist, per my avatar.

--

Joel, I feel the ?generalities? they speak of do allude to the perceived ?flashy? taste and 'me-ism' that the hip-hop culture very overtly projects. This is basically the polar-opposite from the social mores that most white middle class baby-boomers align themselves with, so the generational gap between the two will always seem to be a chasm of misunderstanding and or unawareness. Anyone quickly affixing this "issue?" to African Americans would be quasi-racist (mostly ignorant,) but I think people are commenting on hip-hop culture altogether. I think we have covered that hip-hop culture spans many a race and creed. That said, the first few pages of this thread are pretty ignorant, but I satirically got a laugh out of the older generations who comment here, as I always do. However, I assume they find my views just as backwards.

I don?t agree that having a hat from queens exploits people from Queens at all. It is meant as a sign of pride. I agree that it is kind of clever, but it would never sit on my head in public. Back to my point; these kids you speak of however unfortunate their background may be, still don't have any obligation in buying this hat, and I severely doubt all "throw them out after a month." I imagine they don't (sarcastic ignorant stereotype joke coming) match their velour jumpsuits for that season, so they are otherwise deemed useless. No but back to reality. That hat is not exploitation in my opinion, it?s an address. Uneducated people will waste their money on silly things like ugly hats, no stopping that besides?education. Many people spurn knowledge, so you have people who spend their money on very silly things. That?s not racism or exploitation, that?s just logical progression.

But different strokes for different folks. I love those skyline caps. I probably wouldn?t wear it, but it?s a cool piece of artwork. And for the record, those who do rip on the hip hop culture are also spurning the only culture that openly accepts sports apparel in most everyday living.

Again, I love you sweet Irony.

And for the record, those who do rip on the hip hop culture are also spurning the only culture that openly accepts sports apparel in most everyday living.

Again, I love you sweet Irony.

Taj, I agreed with most of what you said until this. Let me rephrase that... I agree that hip-hop culture is now the only culture that accepts sports apparel for everyday dress, but I see that as a bad thing, not a good thing. Personally, I think that hip-hop culture is hurting American society, because it severely warps the priorities of young, primarily urban, teenagers (of all colors). It glorifies violence, misogyny, and the one-in-a-million shot to make it as a professional athlete or rapper while discounting the importance of education and social concern. Many people are able to discern that this is an artistic effect and appreciate it, but unfortunately, it seems that the majority of the people living the culture are unable to make that distinction. Overcoming this state of mind is one of the major challenges to improving standards of living in urban areas.

But back to the sports apparel. I think it's horribly unfortunate that anyone wearing sports apparel in public is now automatically stereotyped as being "hip-hop", fairly or unfairly, with all the associated connotations. I am a huge sports fan, and during the late 80s and early 90s I bought many jerseys and hats of my favorite teams. But now it's gotten to the point where not only have I not made any significant sports apparel purchases recently, I rarely wear the apparel I already own. I have Barry Sanders, Desmond Howard, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Yzerman, Joe Dumars, Steve Young, and Tim Biakabutuka jerseys (among others) that rarely see the light of day, simply because I don't enjoy going out on the street wearing one of them and have people assume I'm part of a culture that I don't agree with.

Before the firebombing starts, let me stress that I don't think that people that follow the hip-hop culture are bad people by any stretch. But I feel reluctance in wearing apparel that many people take to be an expression of my approval or admiration of a belief system that is as counterproductive as that portrayed by many hip-hop stars.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived