5 reasons to HATE the Buffalo Sabers!

josh_cat_eyes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#5 The city is not very big and i would much rather see a team playing in Kansas City, Huston, Seattle, Portland or basicly any Canadian City.

Any other reason they should move besides they are in a small city and you want them in KC, Houston or Canada? By that rationale, a GB Packer hater could say "GB is not very big and i much rather see them play in Los Angeles or San Antonio."

#4 They have never won a Stanley Cup and IMO in order to be excepted in the hockey world that is something that you need.

The Vancouver Canucks never won the SC and they seem to be well accepted in the hockey world and they have been to the SCF as many times as the Sabres.

#3 In 1997 when they adopted the "Goat Head" they took the wrong path. They should have done a retro Modernization ex: Calgary - 1995, Boston - 1996, Edmonton - 1997, St. Louis - 1999, L.A. Kings - 1999,

N.Y. Rangers (Alts) Even the Islanders...when they screwed up in 1996-97 they knew it and then did a retro Modernization for the 97-98/98-99 season.

We've all complained about their look. Theres plenty of threads to address your grievance with their look.

#2 The unprofetionalisim they are using this season. Unprofetional Jerseys, Logos, and Team Play. The first four games of the season they had a GPG average of 3.5. The next two (games 5-6) they had a GPG average of 8. There is no need of that other than to show off...show off what? We already know they are talented because they are 5-0...well 6-0 now but other than talent what do they have? logos? NO, jerseys? NO, City...? Not overley sooo I dont know what that team is thinking but they have a serious issue going on there. I will be glad when they loose there first game!!

The Sabres are taking advantage of the rules. THis is what the rules were designed to do was to bring scoring back. I personally don't want to go back to the days of Neutral Zone Trap. Let me ask you this, if the score was reverse would you call the flyers an uprofessional franchise for laying 9 goals on sabres?

#1 And finally the #1 reason to hate the sabres is basicly THE BUFFLASLUG and their lack of knowing what a "SABRE" really is. Basic Definition - Sword. Not a Buffalo, not a Slug with horns. The team is called the SABRES not the buffaloes. And besides buffaloes are not yellow nor are they blue. and they dont look like slugs with great big horns on them either. Soo even if the team was called the Buffaloes...that doesn't give them any reason to use the "Bufflaslug"

see number #3. Find the buffaslug thread and address your grievance there.

so this whole rant boils down to this, you don't like the sabres because of the uniform package, city and scoring more than 5 goals in a game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I have the feeling ol' Joshie here would love one of these bad boys.

I'm thinking he's more in need of something like this.

IT'S F-ING "UNPROFESSIONAL"!!! ARGH!!

I'm rooting for the Sabres until this boy can post a paragraph without a single spelling error.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I bet you're the last person in the phone book. And if not, I bet you have a relative whose name begins with a Z.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Its not so much the amount that they scored but more that they tried to get every one and IMO they ran up the score. 33% of their games this season they have done that. Thats whats unprofetional. We know they can score alot. It probably wouldn't bother me if it was just the rangers game but two games in a row is a bit much.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

Peters, Mair, and Goose all played the PP in the 3rd.

That is as close to taking the knee as there is in hockey.

Ruff was careful not to absurdly run it up.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

HAY GUYS I MADE A POST ON THESE HERE INTARNETS
so this whole rant boils down to this, you don't like the sabres because of the uniform package, city and scoring more than 5 goals in a game.

The phrase he used later about being a Leafs fan says so much. "My team spends a lot on :censored:ty players, and can't win like the team down the road, therefore, I'm gonna whine about it. Publicly."

And kids, we all know nobody likes the new Sabres logo. Give it a rest. You're beating a dead horse.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm a Leafs fan, and I love the Sabres. They provide a great rivalry for the Leafs that isn't as bitter as the the Sens-Leafs rivalry, or as historic as the Leafs-Habs rivalry. The Sabres-Leafs rivalry has always been kind of a friendly rivalry, at least I've always seen it like that. So please, don't lump all Leafs fans in with this guy. I would never want the Sabres to move/get contracted. Infact I would have rooted for them in the 05-06 Eastern Finals if it hadn't been for Cory Stillman playing for the 'Canes.

All that said, I still think the Sabres screwed up big time on their last two uniform designs, and even with the Ballard stuck-in-the-70's leaf, TML logo, and unnececary silver, the Leafs still look better (plus they do the throwback right) :P

I always thought the Sabres were lovable losers. They win two games by a wide margin, and all of a sudden they're the Dallas Cowboys?

Huh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

other than talent what do they have? logos? NO, jerseys? NO, City...?

I feel your pain, Josh. I've always wanted playoff games to be decided on the basis of logo quality, too.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

other than talent what do they have? logos? NO, jerseys? NO, City...?

I feel your pain, Josh. I've always wanted playoff games to be decided on the basis of logo quality, too.

I know that is the 18th tiebreaker in the NFL's system (right after 3rd Quarter point differential against non-conference opponents). Maybe other sports can look into incorporating something like that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well this isn't really what I thought this thread would turn into... I was just showing my opinion. I could get really mad and and start saying things that I would regret but I dont want to get myself kicked off cause I am more mature than that. I guess I am not really wanted in this part of the fourm so I am going to head back over to the logos part.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I dont agree with someof your reasons {considering Pittsburgh is also a fairly small city and it is fairly clever to base the logo off the city's name since not alot of cities can pull that off} I still also hate the sabres.

And there is such a thing as being too good. The '05-06 Pitt basketball team, the '04 Steelers, the '05 Colts. They all prove that you cant win unless you taste defeat atleast more that once.

oBIgzrL.png

I dont agree with someof your reasons {considering Pittsburgh is also a fairly small city and it is fairly clever to base the logo off the city's name since not alot of cities can pull that off} I still also hate the sabres.

And there is such a thing as being too good. The '05-06 Pitt basketball team, the '04 Steelers, the '05 Colts. They all prove that you cant win unless you taste defeat atleast more that once.

<Obvious Rhetorical Question>Then what about Texas this past college football season?</Obvious Rhetorical Question>

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived