Not THAT kind of "Red" Raiders

DrBear

i'm disappointed there trying to chnage the TE i designed back in 1999 before i graduated from there i presented to coach toubl and he used it on everything baseball related, it migrated towards the football team but coah swittel copied his own kansas city cheifs knockoff. I actually submitted 3 new designs to a member of the school board that lives by my parents and ironically enough once i post them you will see that number 3 has hit of my design which i submitted last march

i'm disappointed there trying to chnage the TE i designed back in 1999 before i graduated from there i presented to coach toubl and he used it on everything baseball related, it migrated towards the football team but coah swittel copied his own kansas city cheifs knockoff. I actually submitted 3 new designs to a member of the school board that lives by my parents and ironically enough once i post them you will see that number 3 has hit of my design which i submitted last march

was the TE the football team had on their helmets in 2000 your work? I mainly ask that out of curiosity, as I was in the locker room I'd guess your boys usually use for that year's opener and got a good look at the helmet (I played for Racine Case, we were there to play Pius)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

yeah it is, i originally got the idea from the ny baseball teams and sf giants of making a simple logo that could be used for everything, its s funny because the first time people saw a teammate of mine named lloyd wilson shaved it into his head after he saw me doodling it in health class, after people saw it around the school i presented it to my baseball coach, the biggest problem i have with the new ones is that they use a dark red and they look like they were done in ms paint by my little bro, it just goes to show that people who want to make apositive change have zero taste.

I see, it did look good on that helmet. heh, I don't know the exact dollar amount, but I'd pay to see that shaved TE :D if only because it's kinda hard to shave an eagle into your head.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 3 months later...

th_redraiders.jpg

THESE WERE THE ONES I SUBMITTED LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, UNFORTUNATELY I WAS NEVER INFORMED ON THE OUTCOME AND FRANKLY I THINK THEY WERE NEVER SEEN DUE TO THE RETIREMENT IN SUMMER OF 06 OF WHO I GAVE THEM TO

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r171/richmanj/redraiders-1.jpg]My Webpage

I THINK THEY'RE VERY GOOD. THEY COULD USE SOME RED, BUT I LIKE THEM ALL BETTER THAN WHAT THEY WENT WITH. AND I LIKE WHAT THEY WENT WITH. GOOD WORK.

th_redraiders.jpg

THESE WERE THE ONES I SUBMITTED LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, UNFORTUNATELY I WAS NEVER INFORMED ON THE OUTCOME AND FRANKLY I THINK THEY WERE NEVER SEEN DUE TO THE RETIREMENT IN SUMMER OF 06 OF WHO I GAVE THEM TO

I THINK THEY'RE VERY GOOD. THEY COULD USE SOME RED, BUT I LIKE THEM ALL BETTER THAN WHAT THEY WENT WITH. AND I LIKE WHAT THEY WENT WITH. GOOD WORK.

there in color i just need to get a color scanner

th_redraiders.jpg

there in color i just need to get a color scanner

lol, cool. I like the shield and skull ones the most.

AND YOU KNOW ITS FUNNY THE ONE WITH THE SHIELD AND THE ONE I DESIGNED LOOK VERY SIMILAR AND MINE WAS SUBMITTED 5 MONTHS BEFORE THAT ONE EXISTED, NOT TO MENTION THEY CHNAGE MY ORIGINAL TE TO THAT ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE MS PAINTBRUSH ART, THEY DO SAY "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

I like the shield with crossed swords. Very cool. The Viking ship is well done too.

I remember when they replaced the "drunk head" there was some talk about other themes that could be used for "Red Raiders" besides the Native American one. One of them was a fox, one of them was a pirate. Had they gone with a maurauding viking theme, your designs would have been a good choice.

AND YOU KNOW ITS FUNNY THE ONE WITH THE SHIELD AND THE ONE I DESIGNED LOOK VERY SIMILAR AND MINE WAS SUBMITTED 5 MONTHS BEFORE THAT ONE EXISTED, NOT TO MENTION THEY CHNAGE MY ORIGINAL TE TO THAT ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE MS PAINTBRUSH ART, THEY DO SAY "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Yes, but crossed weapons behind a shield isn't exactly a revolutionary new design. I would tend to think that it's no more than coincidence.

They do need a new logo and all three are better than the old one but ultimately they are zero-for-three.

And using the T as part of the official monogram is silly. Just like calling Syracuse 'cuse or Louisville 'ville.

FsQiF2W.png

Archived