Giants-Cowboys monday night

nybatt

would love to see "my" giants in their classic road whites on monday night... anyone have any info. on whether or not dallas plans on breaking out the throwbacks for the game??? I know a preliminary throwback-wearing "schedule" was floated at the beginning of the season.. but I also know that is subject to change...

I am also aware of dallas' disaster last season versus washington, on monday night, in the throwbacks...

any news would be great...

nybatt

"ny football giants uniforms... simplistic excellence"

like I've said about a million times before...

...superstitions concerning sports uniforms is dumb and just an excuse to cover up the true performance of a team.

That being said, I think the silver and blue of the Cowboys although instantly recognizable, doesn't hold a candle to the throw backs. My opinion is that the throwbacks are classic, fresh, and better than what they have now. But then again, what the hell do I know. B)

Since all the primetime games usually feature a throwback or alternate jersey or pants, I wonder if the casual fan knows that this isn't the team's regular wear?

Superstitions are garbage. Tampa orange has nothing to do with losing. It has to do with crap teams for so many years. Like the current Bronco orange, they lost because they played good teams on inclement weather nights. It's not like the QB said I couldn't throw the ball because I saw my receiver decked out in orange.

Also, if the Cowboys break out the throwbacks and force the Giants to wear their roads, to me, it'll signify two sets of unis that are about 50 years out of date and need to be updated to look like they belong in 2006.

KISSwall09.jpg

I've never seen the Giants wear white against the Cowboys. Ever.

There were a few years (2 or 3, somewhere in there) when the Giants DID wear white at home as part of the blue-hex craze.

I believe Scott Brunner was QB for one of those games.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I've never seen the Giants wear white against the Cowboys. Ever.

There were a few years (2 or 3, somewhere in there) when the Giants DID wear white at home as part of the blue-hex craze.

I believe Scott Brunner was QB for one of those games.

WHO?

(just had to do that...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

saw a clip earlier on NFL network of #81 sitting in front of his locker today... the white throwback helmet was hanging behind him.... could it be???

as for the giants wearing white against the boys at home... it was a tradition started by ray perkins in the late 70's and continued by parcells until the 87 season.. the first they didn't wear white at home... now, as for wearing white AT dallas.... as far back as the early 60's I believe the giants have always worn blue in irvin...

this could be a first....

nybatt

"ny football giants uniforms... simplistic excellence"

Sometimes, I jokingly call the DAL-NYG game the "Troy Bowl" (DeMarcus Ware vs. Osi Umenyiora).

You have to take what you can get, I suppose. :D

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

tossed the question, about throwbacks being worn monday night, out on the cowboy message board... someone posted that the cowboys will indeed be wearing the throwbacks tomorrow night...

not to beat this to death... but I believe this is the first time the giants will ever wear white at dallas... regardless I am excited to see "my" squad in their road whites/reds.... gets boring to see the giants always in blue at dallas and washington every year (save the spurrier era in DC)....

nybatt

"ny football giants uniforms.... simplistic excellence"

If the Cowboys wear the throwback monday night that means they will probably end up going 3 straight weeks with out wearing the white jersey. As next week they are at Carolina (who wears white agains the Cowboys), and then at the Redskins.

It also looks like the blue hex thing is coming back. Both of the Cowboys losses this year have come wearing the blue uniforms.

Archived