Two players with the same number?

PhilliesPhan1325

This topic annoys me as a Penn State fan since they don't put names on the jerseys.

In relation to this thought:

What would you do when you have more than 100 players on the roster?

Not have a ridiculously high number of players on the roster?

So, in order to preserve unique uniform numbers, you're going to cut some walk-on kid who is willing to put his heart and soul into practices in order to have the honor of standing on the sideline on game day as the seventh-string safety? Nice. You should work for the NCAA.

Isn't that what JV is for? Do they still even have JV college football?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

So, in order to preserve unique uniform numbers, you're going to cut some walk-on kid who is willing to put his heart and soul into practices in order to have the honor of standing on the sideline on game day as the seventh-string safety? Nice. You should work for the NCAA.

Answer: Start using triple digits.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

This topic annoys me as a Penn State fan since they don't put names on the jerseys.

In relation to this thought:

Isn't that what JV is for? Do they still even have JV college football?

NCAA dosen't have a JV system for football. The idea of having even freshman level sports went the way of the dodo.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

NCAA dosen't have a JV system for football. The idea of having even freshman level sports went the way of the dodo.

Troy University has a JV team. They lost to Georgia Military. The prep schools play some JV teams, I believe Virginia Tech has one. In Troy's case, it's backups and walk-ons. True freshmen can't play unless they want to use eligibility.

Back to the numbers--Ohio State has three sets (20, 9, 4) being worn by true and redshirt freshmen, so there may be a couple more years of this, not to mention about 6 other duplicates. Everybody wants the lowest number they can get.

Last yr here at Alabama there was another oddity. Matt Collins,who wears #56 regularly in games,would come to the sidelines when there was a FG attempt or PAT attempt and he would CHANGE jerseys and wear #85 . He was the outside contain man so he was on the end of the LOS so I'm guessing he had to change to an eligible receiver's # in case of a botched snap or fake. It was one of the weirdest thing I've ever seen re: a jersey. One of the equipment guys would have the #85 jersey around his waist to give to Matt. This yr,Matt is not on the PAT/FG unit.

2qluyo7.png

Archived