Mistakes in Logo Facts

goforbroke

But yea... the least they could do is let Milwaukee have the one f***in' D1 baseball team in Wisconsin. Especially since they don't have a football team thanks to UW.

I'd rather see Milwaukee (and Marquette) get a football team and Madison get a baseball program. Competition is good.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

The Nashville Kats' logo fell into the Cumberland River in 2001 and was presumed dead, but he preservered, despite losing his guitar, his football and leather jacket, despite his flesh rotting away, despite even becoming fossilized. He found a hockey stick in the river bank and worked up his strength by learning to play hockey. Then he finally came out of the river and joined the Predators!

HOW IS THIS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. But the problem with that scenario is that it works out the best for everyone and that's just not how our institutions of higher education work in Wisconsin...

Surprisingly, that's how they work in Alabama.

Almost every four year school in the state has football (except South Alabama, who had a Club Team)

Chris, I'm begging you. Time to kill the guest comments.

Some of these are just flat-out wrong, and now because you are a reputable source that disinformation is being cited on Wikipedia.

Agreed. When you see comments like the one about Tottenham, you know it's gotta go.

The Nashville Kats' logo fell into the Cumberland River in 2001 and was presumed dead, but he preservered, despite losing his guitar, his football and leather jacket, despite his flesh rotting away, despite even becoming fossilized. He found a hockey stick in the river bank and worked up his strength by learning to play hockey. Then he finally came out of the river and joined the Predators!

HOW IS THIS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's the best fact I've seen all week. I'm still laughing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Bear fans claim Papa Halas designed the C on the Bears helmets but it was, in fact, used first by the University of Chicago's football team.

And they're still using it:

fb-bufalino-05-1.jpg

Cincinnati reds starting using that C logo at least be 1900 when they put it on the cap. I think used it in 1800's on uniform prior to cap also.

Bear fans claim Papa Halas designed the C on the Bears helmets but it was, in fact, used first by the University of Chicago's football team.

And they're still using it:

fb-bufalino-05-1.jpg

Cincinnati reds starting using that C logo at least be 1900 when they put it on the cap. I think used it in 1800's on uniform prior to cap also.

The "C" used by the Chicago Bears and the University of Chicago football team is different from the "C" used by the Cincinnati Reds.

Nuggets:

------ After drafting Melo in 2003, the Denver Nuggets wanted a change in thier team, so they changed the colors of the team to define to the league that it was a start of a new season.

Posted by Joshua on October 7, 2006 -------

not true, the logo was introduced at the draft. before they picked carmello.

I remember the '03 draft. I remember the announcers or something sayin, "...they made a plan for who they were gonna draft, changed logos, changed colors, and changed their website, all over night..."

Something like that anyways.... :P

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not actually true.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...mp;increment=18

They used it on their uniforms off and on in the first years of the 20th century, but didn't wear it on their caps until 1934. Strange as it seems, the Cleveland Indians actually put the wishbone C on their caps before the Reds did.

Has anyone noticed the Super Bowl XLII comments? Good stuff.

User submitted facts about this logo:

This Logo Really Sux!!! We're in the year 2007, not 1971! It looks like it was drawn by a 2 year old.

Posted by Bubba J on February 18, 2007

i think that the design itself isnt bad but i think that the colors should be changed because they suck

Posted by Barbra Bush on February 18, 2007

Wow... that's one of the worst Super Bowl logos in a long time. Disappointing.

Posted by Jordan on February 18, 2007

The turqoise color for the roman numerals are supposed to represent the native american heritage throughout arizona.

Posted by Tyler on February 18, 2007

It is a great logo

Posted by Football Fan on February 18, 2007

I agree that it might be time to just ditch the logo facts. I don't learn much new from the ones that are true, and the other ones just make the site look less credible.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived