No purple pants 2day

sharplcd

The Dolphins have apparently dropped their aqua pants because they lost virtually all the time wearing them the last few years.

No, its because Saban doesn't like the aqua pants.

Did the Dolphins ever lose in aqua jerseys and aqua pants? I know the last time they wore the orange jerseys, they beat New England.

The lack of aqua pants is not because of some losing superstition.

The Dolphins just look so drab with the white helmet, white jersey, white pants and white shoes combo every damn week. They are playing as lifeless as they look each week.

I have a feeling the purple pants won't be worn any more since they lost wearing them.

So what? They also lost a game in white pants this year too.

Its pretty obvious that they didn't wear the purple pants this week because Seattle would be in all blue and the purple pants and purple helmets would look pretty similar (especially to a QB on a sunny day) to blue pants and blue helmets.

I have a feeling that we will see the purple pants again next week on Monday Night Football.

Well, the Colts dropped their blue pants after losing in them in '95 and they have never returned. The Dolphins have apparently dropped their aqua pants because they lost virtually all the time wearing them the last few years. And those stupid Seahawks won't wear the blue pants with the white jerseys like they're supposed to because they were 1-7 in them.

Apparently the Raiders should drop black and silver entirely then...

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

I probably sound like a "broken record" (or more modernized saying "scratched CD") because I keep saying this over and over again but I absolutely can not stand when teams and fans are superstitious about their god damned uniforms. THEY'RE UNIFORMS!!!!! unless the uniforms are super suits that make you invisible or jump real high or make you strong like bull, they don't do anything more than keep the players from being naked and displaying their numbers. We need to move past this whole uniform superstition thing. It makes no sense.

sorry, I just had to rant. I'm getting tired of reading about how teams won't wear alternates or whatever because they suck in them.

I probably sound like a "broken record" (or more modernized saying "scratched CD") because I keep saying this over and over again but I absolutely can not stand when teams and fans are superstitious about their god damned uniforms. THEY'RE UNIFORMS!!!!! unless the uniforms are super suits that make you invisible or jump real high or make you strong like bull, they don't do anything more than keep the players from being naked and displaying their numbers. We need to move past this whole uniform superstition thing. It makes no sense.

sorry, I just had to rant. I'm getting tired of reading about how teams won't wear alternates or whatever because they suck in them.

Has anyone noticed that this whole "uniform superstition" only seems to apply to football? I haven't really heard of any NBA, NHL, or MLB teams whining about not liking a uniform because they:

1) lose in them (Cowboys blue jerseys),

2) don't look tough enough (mass movement towards black, like the Jaguars)

3) want to look bigger (teams wearing all white)

4) don't like the socks (nutcase Clinton Portis)

I agree...STOP THE MADNESS!! :shocked:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I think maybe thats because there are so few football games that if a team loses one or two games its really big, where as in baseball, basketball, or hockey one or two games is a miniscule part of the season. I still think its dumb any way you slice it.

Has anyone noticed that this whole "uniform superstition" only seems to apply to football?

IIRC in 2003 the Marlins wore black throughout the playoffs because of "uniform superstition."

I agree though, it's got to stop. Otherwise Denver will never wise up and make their orange alts their primary home shirts like G-d intended.

Has anyone noticed that this whole "uniform superstition" only seems to apply to football?

IIRC in 2003 the Marlins wore black throughout the playoffs because of "uniform superstition."

I agree though, it's got to stop. Otherwise Denver will never wise up and make their orange alts their primary home shirts like G-d intended.

Who is G-d?

Who is G-d?

:therock: Not sure if this was a joke, but....

Jews don't type/right the Almighty's name, we put a dash where the "o" would be.

In '95, the Magic switched to only wearing their blue alts after a loss to the Clippers while wearing black.

And a damn fine thing too, the blues looked much much sharper than the blacks.

Who is G-d?

Jews don't type/right the Almighty's name, we put a dash where the "o" would be.

I'm not a huge fan of smilies when it comes to sarcasm, so take that as a deep deep form of sarcasm.

Who is G-d?

I'm not a huge fan of smilies when it comes to sarcasm, so take that as a deep deep form of sarcasm.

Ok, gotcha.

• 2 weeks later...

New to sports, are you? :P

Has anyone noticed that this whole "uniform superstition" only seems to apply to football? I haven't really heard of any NBA, NHL, or MLB teams whining about not liking a uniform because they:

1) lose in them (Cowboys blue jerseys),

2) don't look tough enough (mass movement towards black, like the Jaguars)

3) want to look bigger (teams wearing all white)

4) don't like the socks (nutcase Clinton Portis)

I agree...STOP THE MADNESS!! :shocked:

I believe that the Heat wore their red alts through most of the 2006 playoffs because they felt like they were winning more in them. Damn shame, too, because the "Heat" wordmark on the black ones is oodles better than the lame "Miami" wordmark on the red ones.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

New to sports, are you? :P

:therock:

hmmmm I suppose in retrospect that was kind of a naive statement considering the rituals most athletes perform before a game, during an at bat, or at the free throw line for example.

Archived