Shawn Merriman Violates NFL Steroid Policy

LMU

Disagree, only because I believe it should be a lifetime ban for one's first offense. You don't need chances to learn your lesson. One strike and out you go. In fact, Merriman wouldn't have even made it into the NFL had I been commish, if only because of his first offense when he was in college.
Man, it must be tough being perfect...
Nope, just believe that the Olympic policy is a very good one and think the NFL and other leagues ought to adopt it.

LvZYtbZ.png

Nope, just believe that the Olympic policy is a very good one and think the NFL and other leagues ought to adopt it.

You mean the policy that doesn't ban first-time offenders for life? Just a 2-year ban and stripping of medals? I understand for after all, from the top of Mt. Olympus it's difficult to see the difference...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Keep on dreaming.

Super Bowl baby!

Donkey fans, stop acting bitter.

The last thing Eastwood students are qualified to speak about is football -- specifically playoff football.

But when the "Dancing with the Stars" danceoffs begin, I'll be sure to send you a message.

teams-1.png

Keep on dreaming.

Super Bowl baby!

Donkey fans, stop acting bitter.

The last thing Eastwood students are qualified to speak about is football -- specifically playoff football.

But when the "Dancing with the Stars" danceoffs begin, I'll be sure to send you a message.

I have to admit that was a good one :P

• 1 month later...

Bump for an update; it looks like Pro Bowl bans for drug offenders are in the works:

espn.com

Besides, it breaks up the clutter of 143 Super Bowl trivia threads.

Can they make it retroactive? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, this is sure taking a major step against steroids!

(sarcasm)

Considering that half the players selected don't play in the Pro Bowl anyways, that the voting is a farce, and that players already have much bigger disincentives against roiding up, this has all the feel of a PR stunt. What do you think a player cares about more: "If I get caught, I'll miss 4 games, and could cost my team a shot at the postseason" or "If I get caught, I'll miss out on having to play an extra game that doesn't matter if I happen to win a popularity contest"?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Wow, this is sure taking a major step against steroids!

(sarcasm)

Considering that half the players selected don't play in the Pro Bowl anyways, that the voting is a farce, and that players already have much bigger disincentives against roiding up, this has all the feel of a PR stunt. What do you think a player cares about more: "If I get caught, I'll miss 4 games, and could cost my team a shot at the postseason" or "If I get caught, I'll miss out on having to play an extra game that doesn't matter if I happen to win a popularity contest"?

Maybe so, but how many players have incentive clauses that pay bonuses for being selected to the Pro Bowl? Then it's not just taking away 4 games, but the incentive.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived