New Era Quality Control Issues at it's worst

BamaHater

When things are hand-painted, they often have tags noting that "no two are exactly the same" which does add to the uniqueness of each item (depending of course on the item.)

I think that was iowahoo's point - which I disagree with when it comes to something like a hat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was able to get my hands on the Tigers World Series 5950. The hat has some new features from the old 5950. My assumption is that this is the new style of hats that New Era will be selling next year. The underbill is black instead of the old gray. The sweatband is also black instead of the old white. The hat is also made of polyester instead of wool, this might change some of the shaping/sizing issues that occur after hats are worn awhile. The mlb logo on the back is also much more raised than the older 5950.

It is beginning to sound like New Era is becoming American Needle. AM hats are 80/20 split between polyester and wool. Oh well... another good American company going into the crapper.

Archived