Father pulls Gun on Coach for PT

NJTank

In Philly at a game for 6 and 7 year olds !!!! a father pulled a gun on the coach to get his son more playing time.

When does this madness end?

Story

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In Philly at a game for 6 and 7 year olds !!!! a father pulled a gun on the coach to get his son more playing time.

When does this madness end?

Story

man...do people even think before they do anything anymore? did it at any point occur to this dude that he was overreacting? <_<

as Mr. T says, I pity the fool. If none of these apply to you:

-someone's broken into your home and you must defend yourself

-you are about to go hunting with some friends

-you are in the military or law enforcement, both of which generally require firearms

-you are at a firing range

then there's a pretty good chance taking a gun with you is a bad idea. like here. :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I just don't get some people these days...a guy started throwing punches at my teammate in my roller hockey game on Sunday...my teammate is in his 50s and has two knee replacements.

I guess I should add that it wasn't for no reason or anything, but still, why throw punches? We had 4 skaters(meaning, we had no subs, they had a full bench) and were winning 11-3. The guy boarded me for no reason(other than the fact that we were dominating, I suppose), and my teammate, took him down...but still, does that justify punching a player repeatedly? Then, trying to get him to come back onto the rink to fight as he's leaving the game?

This world is getting worse by the minute. What the hell?

The world? I don't know about that. It's time the US stood up and was proud for what it's #1 in. Education? No. Poverty reduction? Hardly. Healthcare? Surely you jest.

Parental-Coach violence.

:flagusa: :flagusa: :flagusa:

This incident with the father and coach makes me nervous as an official.

As we all know, we are more hated than the coaches.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Truer words have never been spoken.

A colleague of mine was assaulted after a Pop Warner-level game a few weeks ago. A coach, who had been ejected for using a racial slur directed at a different official, went up to another official and pushed him into his car after the game. Where to begin with this one? This coach was abusive, used racist language, assaulted an official, and had been drinking.

Scary times, indeed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I wish we could have heard Joe Buck announcing this...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, what we have just seen is a disgrace to the game of football! Pop Warner is rolling over in his grave right now. Tim McCarver, how does this affect the Yankees?"

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Just something else to add to the cliche reasons to rip on Philadelphia ...

-you booed Santa Claus

-you booed McNabb at the draft

-you cheered when Michael Irvin needed to be taken out of the Vet on a stretcher

Now this. Just great!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The coach called for a draw play and the father decided to draw his gun.....

What a smart word game. :lol:

Too bad they weren't in the SHOTGUN formation. Did they go into the RUN AND SHOOT? :D

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The coach called for a draw play and the father decided to draw his gun.....

What a smart word game. :lol:

Too bad they weren't in the SHOTGUN formation. Did they go into the RUN AND SHOOT? :D

I thought they were trying Spurrier's Fun & GUN offense.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I know how you feel. I've been accosted several times as a referee by parents and coaches -- in intramural sports, of all things. I try not to let it affect my work. In the leagues I referee for (which all belong to the same league that these two teams were in), 90% of the parents and coaches know me, and they generally stick up for me. I know that's not the case everywhere, but I get nervous easily, and it helps to have people around you who appreciate what you do.

This is why I don't like Pop Warner level football. The atmosphere is already ingrained into kids' and parents' heads, and some parents and coaches take the game seriously. I can understand the father getting upset at the kid, but pulling a gun? Please.

As for the referee, he claims that he knocked out the guy (who, ironically, was the brother of the man who pulled the gun) because he tried to choke the referee when he wrote down his liscence plate number. If this guy gets in trouble because he tried to defend himself, then there's something we don't know about the story.

All I know is that this is going to be talked about a lot here in the Northeast, especially at the NESAC games at our field this weekend. Ashame that this happened so close to home.

philly.png

I hate parents that either suck up or threaten coaches just to get their kid more playing time. This all falls under the "Let the kids play" scenario and I think parents are way to involved into athletics. The youth hockey association in my area is run by parents who know nothing about the game at all, and are just their to get their kid more ice time and everything like that. Pathetic....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

imagine the butterfly effect on this, the kids getting teased and school and tells the other kids to stop. the other kids repley " or what your dad will pull a gun on us"and the child gets teased even worse

buddy your making you sons life a lot worse then it needs to be!

untitled-6.jpg

Archived