2007 NHL All-Star jerseys...

StevieY19

I actually don't mind the look of the template.

However, I am 75% sure that the original 6 teams will KEEP their current designs for the MOST part.

This could change at any given moment, though...from an undisclosed source.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, I am 75% sure that the original 6 teams will KEEP their current designs for the MOST part.

the new cut makes it impossible for the O6 to keep their original designs. i think every team is getting a sleek new age design like the buffaslugs.

is there any chance of the fishermans comming back to go along with the sleek new designs? :grin:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I gotta admit I don't think these jerseys look too bad and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the real versions. I'm just scared of how they are going to adapt the other 29 teams in the league into this look and who will share the same basic jersey design and whatnot. If my Leafs are butchered all hell will be raised!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I gotta admit I don't think these jerseys look too bad and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the real versions. I'm just scared of how they are going to adapt the other 29 teams in the league into this look and who will share the same basic jersey design and whatnot. If my Leafs are butchered all hell will be raised!

You mean like our's did? Reebok is calling the shots. And whatever the CalIforNIA focus group picks teams will get. To heck with the Locals!

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

i think some people are going overboard here...

the all-star jerseys aren't EXACTLY like the slugs, only with new colors.

so why would the all-star jerseys be the mandated template?

they won't be.

but dallas may wear something similar, imo.

the new cut makes it impossible for the O6 to keep their original designs. i think every team is getting a sleek new age design like the buffaslugs.

is there any chance of the fishermans comming back to go along with the sleek new designs? :grin:

I wonder if there is a possibility they could pull it off with something like this:

mtl.jpg

i think some people are going overboard here...

the all-star jerseys aren't EXACTLY like the slugs, only with new colors.

so why would the all-star jerseys be the mandated template?

they won't be.

but dallas may wear something similar, imo.

Stop speaking sense Cole. This is a time for irrational over-reaction! :cursing::D

Just because there are strange panelling and cuts to these templates doesn't mean that they will have weird coloured patches or the like. Look at a lot of the Nike and adidas soccer shirts and you'll see how a solid colour look can be maintained with these sorts of weird panelling and cuts. It also doesn't rule out hoop-style striping on the bottom of sweaters because there is sublimation that can be used, or you can have the hoops broken by the side panel which is better than no stripes at all (as seen on a lot of soccer shirts).

liverpool-1.png

I wonder if there is a possibility they could pull it off with something like this:

mtl.jpg

I think those would make fantastic fashion jerseys. I wouldn't want them to become the real jerseys though.

I wish I could comment on the other concepts posted here, but I can not view them from here. Hopefully I will be able to soon.

In all honesty, my favorite Leafs jersey right now is actually their blue RBK practise jersey. It looks great.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

how bout this?

swiftstars.png

I just cannot see every team in the NHL having the same sleeve pattern and side panels. Why wouldn't the Stars bring their sleeves to a point like their current. It's just going to get boring if every team uses the same panels for contrasts.

I'm Unimpressed I think they should have used the Dallas Stars Templates.

And then people will B!tch and piss and moan about how every team in the NHL looks like Dallas :D

I feel a lot of teams are going to look similar with this template.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, I've been told that there is some "new" technology that will allow for certain teams (Canadiens, Rangers) to keep their familiar stripes...there hasn't been anything for sure said about staying truer to designs, but it is no longer "impossible", as first reported.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Total garbage. It's nothing but a gimmick and a slap in the face of tradition.

"new technology" "enables" some teams to keep their stripe designs.

Now they're acting the part of Smithsonian?

what a crock!

There is no need to impliment or force radical change on any team. The only reason they are doing this is to make a fast buck. They care nothing about the real fans of the game and this move will do nothing but alienate a fanbase that's fast moving away.

death to granpa's Reebok

DEATH TO REEBOK

Total garbage. It's nothing but a gimmick and a slap in the face of tradition.

"new technology" "enables" some teams to keep their stripe designs.

Now they're acting the part of Smithsonian?

what a crock!

There is no need to impliment or force radical change on any team. The only reason they are doing this is to make a fast buck. They care nothing about the real fans of the game and this move will do nothing but alienate a fanbase that's fast moving away.

death to granpa's Reebok

you have to understand the NHL is a business and purely a business. The people who run the NHL could care less about tradition. All they care about is the bottom line. They would impose the most radical of changes if they knew it would make them an extra buck or two. If they wanted too they could turn the game in to Basketball on ice if it puts fans in the seats and money in their pockets. The traditionalists can moan all they want about the tradition of the game but the nhl is not interested in tradition. Witness all the changes since bettman took over. What the league wants is a product that will entice Joe Fan from Bentonville, Arkansas to fork over money in their product. If that means taking away traditional jersey designs, so be it as long as people are forking over money to the NHL, they will continue to do things business as usual until the people who are sick of them stop putting money in the NHL and take their money else where.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Based on the two different jerseys I've seen, it seems that every team is going to have a very busy design. Just because there are different mesh panels doesn't mean they all have to be colored, and not every team needs colored piping.

Just because it's a radical redesign doesn't mean everyone's going to look like they're wearing tie-dye shirts. Look at baseball. Everyone had redesigned batting jerseys. Not everyone has colored mesh panels or piping everywhere.

I don't specifically blame Reebok. Just because a jersey is multi-panel doesn't mean it has to look like a jigsaw puzzle. The league itself is to blame if everything looks crazy. They could always say "no".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived