2007 NHL All-Star jerseys...

StevieY19

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some comments from actual players who have worn prototypes of the new jerseys.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl.../610250405/1028

Wednesday, 10/25/06

Preds first to try on new jerseys in practice

When the Predators took the ice on Tuesday morning, they were not in their usual gear.

Instead, the team was donned in a slicker, tighter, more streamlined version of their practice garb, which was produced by Reebok and was being tested by the NHL as it prepares to introduce new uniforms for the 2007 season.

Nashville was the first team to wear the latest version of the jerseys, and Colorado will be next. The new style will also be worn by players at the NHL All-Star game in Dallas Jan. 24.

"We are trying to get the players feedback on what modifications they need to make so when they are launched they are fully functional with no complaints," said NHL Players Association Director of Hockey Affairs Mike Gartner, in town with several league executives to assess the gear and player responses.

The new look was met with mixed reviews by the Predators. Many liked the jersey's thinner, more flexible material and its waterproof front, which kept it from getting weighed down by sweat, melted ice and water bottle spillage.

"With those jerseys the water just goes away," forward J.P. Dumont said. "That's something very neat. And it's very stretchable. Every movement you move the jersey moves so the motion of it is better. If they can make sure all the little things are all right it, is going to be a great addition to the NHL."

One problem came with the socks. With players using a variety of shin pads sizes, some felt they were too tight. But the material, which was similar to that of the new uniforms as opposed to the current thick, sweater-like weave, seemed to pass the test.

And in the picture, none of the players have their jersey tucked in. Maybe they plan to go over the breezers, I just can't see how you could totally tuck in a jersey and still have much of it visible. Goalies are clearly going to still be using their ultrahuge sizing to accomodate their pads. I just see players upsizing to replicate the fit they are comfortable with now.

Im down with the new material and see how it can benifit the players but this idea of form fitting is a little much for me. When it comes down to it I think the player will endup just getting bigger jerseys to replicate the fitting of the previous style.

Well, I've been told that there is some "new" technology that will allow for certain teams (Canadiens, Rangers) to keep their familiar stripes...there hasn't been anything for sure said about staying truer to designs, but it is no longer "impossible", as first reported.

Proabley Dye Sublimation. I never seen a Sublimated jersey in person. Anyone want to chime in on sublimated jerseys? I would assume Logos,... would still be embroiderd?

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

Look at Dallas' home&away and Boston and Vancouver's Alternates that are no longer used. Those were sublimated along with Anaheim's "Wild Wing" alt, and the Islanders' "Fisherman" jersey. So sublimation can be done.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Look at Dallas' home&away and Boston and Vancouver's Alternates that are no longer used. Those were sublimated along with Anaheim's "Wild Wing" alt, and the Islanders' "Fisherman" jersey. So sublimation can be done.

And Im pretty sure all european jerseys are sublimated, including the name, numbers and logos, so its not that out there of an idea.

SEAsig.png

Those jerseys arent tucked in in that picture. Looks like theyre at least experimenting with them untucked for now. EDIT: On a side note, once third jerseys are eliminated next year (I know it's temporary) will the white jerseys return to being the homes and the darks the roads?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'm Unimpressed I think they should have used the Dallas Stars Templates.

Already been done, they were purple for the West and teal for the East. I believe it was shortly after that Dallas started using the same or a similiar design.

Is it just me or is it possible that the Sharks current jerseys could be maintained with this template?

I do think though that if someone were to just follow the template and not trying to conform the template to their current jerseys, the Sharks could also look great.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Is it just me or is it possible that the Sharks current jerseys could be maintained with this template?

I do think though that if someone were to just follow the template and not trying to conform the template to their current jerseys, the Sharks could also look great.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

When I was doing the blue jackets one it occured to me that with those stripes on the sleeve, you could do a pretty decent job of recreating the sharks current 3rd jersey. I have a mid term and sub par photoshop skills, otherwise id give it a try.

SEAsig.png

And Im pretty sure all european jerseys are sublimated, including the name, numbers and logos, so its not that out there of an idea.

Wouldn't most of the striping on today's jerseys be considered sublimation?

It looks like they're trying to do with the NHL what is currently the biggest trend in the NFL - side panels that transition "seamlessly" into pants stripes.

Keeping that in mind, and that each team only has one set of pants (breezers?), the side panels of both home and away jerseys will likely be the same exact color, and that color will be the side of the breezers too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, because sublimation involves heating a solid colouring with pressure in order to bond the pattern with the fabric. Most striping on hockey jerseys involves knitting the stripes into the pattern which involves changing the thread to a different colour at predetermined points.

Not on most, but on some. Here's an easy way to tell. Turn a jersey inside-out. If it's white on the inside, it's sublimated. If there's the same color inside as out, then it's knit. Also, is Reebok really touting sublimation as some sort of revolutionary new technology, or am I misreading? Do they really expect none of us to remember, oh, say, 1995, when Reebok was the uniform supplier for the World League and brought out those wild and crazy new uniforms, with designs made possible by - say it with me now - sublimation?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Prince of Wales/Eastern Conference has always worn white for as long as I can remember. But with the "new" NHL you don't know what to expect. See the new Stanley Cup logo, with the East/West instead of West/East.

That's more of a coincidence than anything of late.

After the last World/N. America All-Star Game, they switched to East/West for the Florida game. That was the last year of white at home, and the East, as being considered home in Florida, wore a white version of the previous year's jersey.

The following year, Minnesota, when it was white on the road, West was considered home. East got stuck with white again, West in green.

This year, it's again in the West (Dallas), so East gets white again.

Next year it is in Atlanta, so expect to see the East in dark colors. 2009 is Phoenix.

Archived