2007 NHL All-Star jerseys...

StevieY19

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Unimpressed I think they should have used the Dallas Stars Templates.

Already been done, they were purple for the West and teal for the East. I believe it was shortly after that Dallas started using the same or a similiar design.

Exactly right. The "star template" was used for the 1984-1987 All-Star Games. Dallas started using the "star template" as a third jersey in 1998 and made it their primary in 1999 after winning the Stanley Cup

The Prince of Wales/Eastern Conference has always worn white for as long as I can remember. But with the "new" NHL you don't know what to expect. See the new Stanley Cup logo, with the East/West instead of West/East.

This really isn't true. Look back at the 1985 and 1986 Wales conference jerseys. One was white and the other was ornage. It's got more to do with the host city and what conference they are from getting to wear the home jerseys.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...

the jersey is going to be 4 pounds lighter? what in the hell?

i've got an authentic, and i used to play... and never once did my jersey weigh 4 pounds... 4 pounds sounds so heavy for just the jersey.

if they mean new equipment, too... then i can see it... but the actual jersey?

either way, i still see dallas getting new sweaters.

west.jpg

east.jpg

Looks like these are it, and that this style of striping will be the template Reebok wants for next year. Too bad, the Eastern jersey in particular looks very plain with the armpit red.

Couple things I just noticed about these:

1. There is a thin silver lining inside the collar with the Reebok logo, the same as with NFL jerseys (and also a new RBK and size tag inside the collar.

2. There is a size tag on the bottom of the front of the jersey (I HATE those things on the NFL, MLB and NBA jerseys). If these jerseys are remaining untucked, they will probably have to do away with those.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

2. There is a size tag on the bottom of the front of the jersey (I HATE those things on the NFL, MLB and NBA jerseys). If these jerseys are remaining untucked, they will probably have to do away with those.

Why? it isn't as though the NHL's never had tags on the bottom before...

oilerw.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Not to speak for Roger here, But I'd guess he's talking about the actual "jocktag" with the size and other information that are on the bottom of NFL, NBA, and MLB jerseys. In hockey, only the maunfacturer and leage logos appear on the outside of the jersey.

As far as the design itself, for some teams, those are really pretty good (on paper at least, could be completely different in real life, of course) but I'm still quite concerned about what the teams like Montreal and Chicago will end up with.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Why? it isn't as though the NHL's never had tags on the bottom before...

But never on the FRONT of the jersey.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 2 months later...

based on what's currently available on shop.nhl.com, the replica's don't appear to be too bad.

I mean, at least they don't have screen printed sublimated graphics. It says the jersey will feature a screen printed tackle twill, like most jerseys do anyway.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

The Prince of Wales/Eastern Conference has always worn white for as long as I can remember. But with the "new" NHL you don't know what to expect. See the new Stanley Cup logo, with the East/West instead of West/East.

That's more of a coincidence than anything of late.

After the last World/N. America All-Star Game, they switched to East/West for the Florida game. That was the last year of white at home, and the East, as being considered home in Florida, wore a white version of the previous year's jersey.

The following year, Minnesota, when it was white on the road, West was considered home. East got stuck with white again, West in green.

This year, it's again in the West (Dallas), so East gets white again.

Next year it is in Atlanta, so expect to see the East in dark colors. 2009 is Phoenix.

Or not. The NHL is going back to white home jerseys next season.

Wait. So it's $20 more for a jersey that has a screened crest instead of an embroidered one? Ruh-roh.

And yep, $350 for an authentic, $425 customized. No way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Except in the personalization drop down menu for the Western Jerseys they have Philippe Boucher as a Coyote.

Although it probably doesn't matter. For $425 they still won't sew the player's team logo on the right shoulder...

Screen printed crests will drown this whole exercise...

...screen printed sublimated graphics...

Sublimation is not the same process as screen printing, and does not give the same results.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...screen printed sublimated graphics...

Sublimation is not the same process as screen printing, and does not give the same results.

I'm thinkin the names/numbers/logos are gonna look like the NFL EQT or NBA Swingman jerseys....which isn't all bad. The price however...Yikes.

Archived