2007 NHL All-Star jerseys...

StevieY19

...screen printed sublimated graphics...

Sublimation is not the same process as screen printing, and does not give the same results.

I'm thinkin the names/numbers/logos are gonna look like the NFL EQT or NBA Swingman jerseys....which isn't all bad. The price however...Yikes.

Yes it definitely is all that bad, after I've gotten used to the current NHL replicas with authentic tweill lettering. Swingman jerseys are crap in comparison, and the screen printing can still fade. I'll be buying as many current replicas as I can.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it definitely is all that bad, after I've gotten used to the current NHL replicas with authentic tweill lettering. Swingman jerseys are crap in comparison, and the screen printing can still fade. I'll be buying as many current replicas as I can.

I recommend these guys: http://www.hockey1.com/index.asp

Excellent prices

Blank replicas for $110? That's a pretty hefty price increase over $80 for a current blank replica. A 37.5% increase to be exact!

I'm a fan who just wants a jersey in these tight economic times. I don't need the fancy technology in my replica and am not willing to pay $110 for a blank replica. It just isn't going to happen. Maybe they'll all sit around unsold and I can pick one up off of ebay in 3 years for a reasonable price if I still feel that I want one then, but sorry, there seems to be too much emphasis on this zoomy new technology and no thought paid to the price point and what Joe Average is used to spending.

37.5% more? Get bent.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

93AS.jpg

I don't understand why all the interest in the jersey is being hidden on the sides where it will be so obscured by the arms.

89AS.gif

Is that really so much better than something like this?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

^^^^^^^^Tight socks, yuck.

By design. The idea is to prevent the players from having to tape their socks, which I find far more unsightly than the tight sock look.

(Although whatever happened to the ol' garter belt? I swear, I'm the only one in hockey who uses one.)

^^^^^^^^Tight socks, yuck.

By design. The idea is to prevent the players from having to tape their socks, which I find far more unsightly than the tight sock look.

(Although whatever happened to the ol' garter belt? I swear, I'm the only one in hockey who uses one.)

The garter will keep your socks up...but most people use tape to keep their shin guards from moving...I use a garter and then tape to stop the garter movement.

They are much better at this angle:

2007-01-17-uniform-large.jpg

Why isn't there an RBK stick in his hand? RBK passing on an opportunity to plaster their logo all over Sid? Doubtful.

The reason that there isn't an RBK stick in his hand is the fact that he is signed with Sher-Wood for sticks. They signed him when he was playing in the QMJHL. But according to the new RBK product book, he'll have an RBK pattern on November 1, 2007. So he will be all RBK soon, though I have heard that he loves his sher-woods and wants to stay with them.

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

In Aus, we've had these types of printed jumpers for about 10 years now.

They cost the fans more, cost the manufacturer less, and are of poorer quality than what they replace.

In fact, the closest thing I can equate them to is the look and feel of the old time Hockey replicas, that were around in the 1980's. It's a sort of flimsier material.

I've got a small collection of these replicas. Quebec, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Calgary & Montreal.

Perhaps the hockey jerseys will be significantly different, and I don't mean to say these are exactly the same, but they're the closest thing I can come up with in regard to look and feel.

PS Sublimated printing does not fade over time as someone suggested earlier. The dye is steamed into the material, then immediately cooled, and it never loses it's colour. Like any printing, you can print whatever you want on the jerseys. You could print the team logo, but I suspect for the purposes of selling jerseys, they will stick to sewing the crests on.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Does anyone have a template for these new jerseys?

Until someone on these boards gets their hands on one, and that's if they are willing to pay extra for these "flimsy" sweaters, it's unlikely anyone does.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Does anyone have a template for these new jerseys?

Until someone on these boards gets their hands on one, and that's if they are willing to pay extra for these "flimsy" sweaters, it's unlikely anyone does.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Well...... that's not 100% right.

I have one, for instance.

And I only have it because someone else from here sent it to me from a pdf file that was floating around somewhere.

But it's ai format.

If someone wants it they can PM me their email address.

For instance, I made this with it:

Swift-Caps.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived