Tampa bay buccaneers

JQK

• 5 months later...

Very nice.  I like the use of the old buc in the lower part of the banner.

Great job!  This is the first banner I've seen on this site. :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It's a good design, though I dislike the World and 2002 portions of it.  Aren't they simply the Super Bowl XXXVII Champions?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I have never heard any NHL team use the term world champions! As for Bucco Bruce being there.... It doesn't seem right considering he was a symbol of many years of LOSING!  :laugh:

I saw, I came, I left.

I think it would be appropriate for the NFL (not sure about MLB, NHL or NBA) to call their champion World Champions because American football is really only played on a high level in the USA and Canada.

I think Bucco Bruce definitely should be there. Maybe as a symbol of what the Bucs have worked from, what they used to be. Nice banner.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Well, you can give them the "World Champions" title.  Mainly because outside of NFL Europe, where do they play American Football?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well, that depends on whether you differentiate between Canadian football and American football. IMHO, the difference is the same as the difference between hockey NHL style and international (IIHF) style. Would you call the NHL champ the world champ, with all of the leagues in Europe? If yes, then go ahead and call the Super Bowl champs World Champions, but if not, then just call 'em the Super Bowl Champions.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think its fair enough to call the NFL champions and the MLB champions world champions. I'll take fottball first- CFL is I believe a slightly diiferent game- different rules (£ downs for 12 yards??!!) So the NFL is really the only full grown up NFL league and there is no doubt that its champions are the best in  the world.

Baseball is slightly more complicated (and I know this is OT but what the hell!!) in that there are good standard leagues playing the same game in a few other countries. But I doubt anyone really believes that they are anywhere near the level of Major League Baseball. In Japan Ichiro was a Jordanesque dominant figure- in the US he is a great player no doubt but not head and shoulders ahead of everyone!

My problem with NBA and NHL is that both Basketball and Hockey have there own world championships. The winners of those competitions should be considered world champions.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think its fair enough to call the NFL champions and the MLB champions world champions. I'll take fottball first- CFL is I believe a slightly diiferent game- different rules (£ downs for 12 yards??!!) So the NFL is really the only full grown up NFL league and there is no doubt that its champions are the best in the world.

Your research is flawed. :;): I don't think this is a can of worms we wanna open.

...and are you in England? 'Cause I still can't figure out how you got that sign for English pounds. Is that shift+3?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I posted this on SUper Bowl sunday... why in the blue HELL did someone dig this up 6 months later to comment on it?

NFL Champions are refered to as World Champions...

And Bucco withstood so many years of being the butt of jokes and puns, i think he deserved a little moment in the sun...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived