Browns on mnf

Joshawaggie

In another NFL note, does anyone have any idea why Stephen Davis' jersey did not have the NFL Equipment shield, while every other Panthers' jersey did?

SyPhi, I also noticed this same thing on MNF last year when the Packers and Dolphins played. Brett Favre had the customary NFL Shield instead of the Equipment logo during the game. I also noticed Edgerrin James had the same NFL Shield logo jersey earlier this season, I just don't remember specifically which game. I agree though, the shield looks better than the equipment logo.

LET'S BRING BACK THE SHIELD, what do you say REEBOK?

Reebok ain't doing it, the NFL is. THey are trying to push their whole "NFL Equipment" bull:censored:

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Oh, no, it's all Reebok. It was their idea and it is a hot subject among several of the owners.

Most of the owners and especially equipment guys in the league despise Reebok and are pushing the NFL to re-evaluate the relationship. The quality of the on-field apparell is extremely poor when compared to past providers. There is little or no new-product development beacause there is no competition. Replica jersey sales are far off where they were four years ago.

The problem is the NFL owns a stake of Reebok now and that isn't likely to change.

Archived