MLB "FB" (football?) caps by New Era

NDwas

Cubs-Bears (whoa, never noticed that before) hat and a White Sox-Bears hat.

Yeah, the Bears took that name after moving to Wrigley Field, and abandoning the Staleys name. Halas wanted something to capatalize on the Cubs popularity, and wanted something "meaner," so went with Bears...

You've gott follow the twisted logic on this one, and realize that if they wanted to do a Bears cap, they'd color a Cincinnati Reds cap navy and orange. However, that one might be lawsuit central, so I doubt it'll be made...

What would be the point of a Red's cap in Bears colors, when you can just buy a regular Bears cap? Especially since the two wishbone "C's" are different...

Moose

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Bears took that name after moving to Wrigley Field, and abandoning the Staleys name. Halas wanted something to capatalize on the Cubs popularity, and wanted something "meaner," so went with Bears...

the story I always heard was that the football team was also called the Cubs at the time, but Halas stated that football players were bigger than baseball players (that's debatable nowadays of course). So he thought that since baseball players are "Cubs", football players should be "Bears"

You've gott follow the twisted logic on this one, and realize that if they wanted to do a Bears cap, they'd color a Cincinnati Reds cap navy and orange. However, that one might be lawsuit central, so I doubt it'll be made. Also, I believe the Giants once used an "NY" quite similar to the Yankees', so once again, you might be entering sketchy legal territory with that crossover.

why would there be a lawsuit, it doesnt not say Chicago, chicago bears,bears or has an NFL shield anywhere on it. it just takes the colors of the team. so how could they sue them?

i actually like these. i noticed them yesterday while i was at work. i think the black/burg. Nats hat, Tigers Black/blue, and both Boston in Browns colors(being a browns fan)

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Why the heck would they do that?

because some fashion hat wearers will refuse to wear a reebok hat and only wear a NE 5950. so this is their way of making money off people that want something to go with their football jerseys.

Cubs-Bears (whoa, never noticed that before) hat and a White Sox-Bears hat.

You've gott follow the twisted logic on this one, and realize that if they wanted to do a Bears cap, they'd color a Cincinnati Reds cap navy and orange. However, that one might be lawsuit central, so I doubt it'll be made...

What would be the point of a Red's cap in Bears colors, when you can just buy a regular Bears cap? Especially since the two wishbone "C's" are different...

Moose

You are mostly right, except the part about capitalizing on the Cubs' popularity. That is untrue. Even after the Black Sox scandal, the Cubs were the second most popular team. Even if they would have been move popular, it wouldn't have been enough where the Bears could "capitalize" on their name. The Bears took their name as a tribute to the Cubs for letting them play in Wrigley. It was common in early football to give teams similar names to the baseball clubs in that city/stadium - Bears-Cubs, Lions-Tigers, Giants-Giants, Yankees-Yankees (AFL).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

because some fashion hat wearers will refuse to wear a reebok hat and only wear a NE 5950. so this is their way of making money off people that want something to go with their football jerseys.

As I stated in a previous thread, New Era does not have an NFL license. That is why they make these hats.

As I stated in a previous thread, New Era does not have an NFL license. That is why they make these hats.

i already knew this and have known this for years.

what i was saying. a lot of fashion hat people WILL NOT wear a reebok hat. so if they want something to match lets just a browns hat and i show them a perfectly fine reebok hat to go with a throwback Jim Brown jersey. they'd pass on it because it has the VECTOR on the side of it and it is not a NEW ERA hat.

if you were to take you typical fashion hat wearer and put 2 similiar hats in front of them, that go with an outfit. One being a reebok hat and one being a New Era hat. 9 out of 10 times they would pick the NE hat.

how did my statement come off as if i didnt have previous knowledge of the fact that New Era cant make any NFL or current NBA logos? hell i have been selling the product for going on my 5th year now.

I am also suprised no Bears cap was made like this. The Cubs one would be easy, seeing as there is a C on it. For the White Sox cap, they could use the cursive C from the late 80s. I would consider buying that cap.

dude have you not looked at any of the post before hand?

Navy/Orange Cinci Reds hat meant to mimik bears ....

White/Orange/navy Cinci reds hat meant to mimick bears

they didnt just take the Baseball teams from that city to use as that city's football team. they took a team with the same intials and changed up the colors to mimick football teams.

they took a team with the same intials and changed up the colors to mimick football teams.

Once people figure this out, they're going to be a lot happier and understand what's going on.

Seattle Mariners' "S" is done with the Saints and Seahawks colors...Cincinnati Reds' "C" is for Chicago (Bears) and Cincinnati (Bengals)...the Indians' "I" was done in Indianapolis blue and white...the Boston Red Sox "B" was done for Buffalo and Baltimore and the Browns...Pittsburgh Pirates' "P" was done for the Patriots and Packers...Detroit Tigers' "D" is Detroit Lions colors and Dallas Cowboys colors...Texas Rangers' "T" is in Titans colors, and so on.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I am also suprised no Bears cap was made like this. The Cubs one would be easy, seeing as there is a C on it. For the White Sox cap, they could use the cursive C from the late 80s. I would consider buying that cap.

dude have you not looked at any of the post before hand?

Navy/Orange Cinci Reds hat meant to mimik bears ....

White/Orange/navy Cinci reds hat meant to mimick bears

they didnt just take the Baseball teams from that city to use as that city's football team. they took a team with the same intials and changed up the colors to mimick football teams.

Yes, I saw those hats. I also understand that they are not sticking to just teams from the same city.

On my monitor, those two hats you linked to look black instead of navy. I figured they were for the Bengals.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived